View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 08-31-2014, 03:58 PM

Amory chuckled at the other's new seeming sheepishness, glad he at least accepted the compliment for procuring a couch. Whether or not it had been a selfish endeavor, he was fond of the idea of having more sitting space involved in the room. Shrugging, he returned the other's smile. "Selfish or not, it'll be nice to have comfortable seating in 'ere," he replied thoughtfully, though he didn't often have visitors. If he did, they were indeed his don and his friends, if not a few stagehands. The stagehands typically didn't linger long enough to sit, though. Could also catch a nap there between numbers, if I'm lucky...

At the other's comment, Amory quirked a brow at him, leaning casually where he stood. "Whaddya mean by that? Not scared she'll start making more gossip than she's worth, are ya?" He was curious about why he chose to say something like that-- was it because Amory had been the center of some nasty rumors beforehand? Regardless of whether those had been true or not, he took some injury to this idea. Perhaps Sam wasn't all that excited to be working with him after all. Get yourself together, Amory. Sighing softly to himself, he brushed off his own question by turning to back to the other to briefly look at himself in the mirror. Then they were off.

Frowning at his answer, Amory didn't argue. "If ya insist." He spoke hesitantly, still not quite satisfied that Sam wasn't going to at least stop by a doctor. He had gotten quite the beating, for whatever reason. Rubbing the back of his head troubledly, he lead the two outside. After he'd successfully hailed a taxi, he turned to look at Sam in surprise. Does he have something against this? Don't tell me he doesn't even want to get into a cab with me... Grinning, Amory shook his head. "You being injured is only one of two reasons I hailed one. I'm just tired tonight, ya know?" He spoke sheepishly, careful with his words. Without saying anything more, he slipped on into the back seat of the cab, expecting the other to follow as he told the driver his address. If I did walk... Would a similar thing happen? Would the same man from last night come for me? A shiver dismantled his composure, leading his gaze to depart from Sam and favor the window. Hands laced together tightly in his lap, he would use the short ride to attempt calming his nerves.