View Single Post
p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 09-17-2014, 07:10 PM

When Kioku told her she looked beautiful, Peri responded with something else inaudible with her mouth almost touching the bar and her head covered in that thick periwinkle hair. Her voice had hitched slightly, like she might have wanted to cry, though since her response was inaudible, they wouldn't know if it was because of the dress, or if it was because she found Kioku's words so sweet in a bad morning. His gentle pats on her head were somehow reassuring, for a moment. Was he being sarcastic? Brumac grunted behind the bar. Were they laughing at her? Uhg.

Peri heard the tavern door open, and assumed it was time to start taking more orders for the day. Couldn't she just be fired already so she could get on with her mission? When she heard the distinct sound of clicking heels, Peri lifted her head up and turned to see who had come in. A girl with red hair, and her outfit was... so... much... better... than this one. Peri missed her clothes. If only dumb old Brumac hadn't ordered her to hurry, she could have changed. It wasn't like Priscilla had ordered her to wear it for the rest of forever.

She was mentally groaning, reaching for her coffee cup with a large red spot on her forehead where she'd banged it against the bar and left it there, when the clicking heels were heard coming in their direction. Peri turned as the red haired girl leaned into her space. Was she talking about Peri's newest dress? She mentally groaned again. "I think it is a tent made from a table cloth," she confirmed dully, clearly also hating the dress. But, like Peri's answer for almost all of the crazy things she had done and would do she responded to the bet bit; "It's a long story."

Yukiteru made a comment then, and Peri narrowed her eyes at him for a moment. Rude Yuki, being rude again. She was no fashion mishap! She turned her nose up away from him but the red haired girl was introducing herself. Peri opened her mouth to introduce herself as well, but the girl who called herself Kiyoko had already set another order that Peri couldn't decline, in motion. She glanced over at Brumac. She couldn't very well disappear now, she was supposed to be working! But she couldn't say no either. It was impossible!

Brumac nodded. "That dress is bad for business," he said with a grunt, giving her permission to change. He heard a ding in the kitchen. "Breakfast is ready," he boomed to all of them, including Kiyoko, hinting at them to hurry before it got too cold. The ogre promptly disappeared into the kitchen to retrieve plates, and trays of food.

Peri headed for the stairs with a sigh of relief. "I'm Peri," she said to the red haired girl. "And this, is not my dress," she added. "Well, actually, it is now." She shook her head. "It's a long story. Priscilla and I traded clothes. She said I wasn't wearing enough. Can you believe it? My style is...", she thought for a moment and glanced at Kiyoko, "Similar to yours, actually." Peri liked what Kiyoko was wearing. Though Peri's favorite outfits were probably more revealing than not. In any case, she had a closet full of all sorts of things. Nothing as long and awful as this dress though. The periwinkle eyed girl sighed again.

"Don't you have any bags?" she questioned, noticing that Kiyoko knew Yukiteru. Surely she would be staying then, too, like Yuki? As they passed by Priscilla's room, Peri wondered if the woman would ever even come out of her room with the outfit that Peri picked for her. "I'm on the top floor," she said. "I swear I can dress myself," she added with a shrug. "This was an unfortunate... accident," she grumbled. It didn't really matter, Kiyoko had unknowingly given Peri and order she couldn't refuse.