View Single Post
Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-03-2014, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knerd View Post
I work in a pet store right now and see this kind of thing happen a lot. Honestly, in most cases, rehoming is the best way to go.

If a person is trying to rehome their pet, it means one of two things: 1. They're being a responsible person who knows that a big move will put a lot of pressure on the animal, so they're trying to find a safe and loving home (as opposed to just abandoning the cat or something), or 2. They didn't really want the animal anyway, they weren't taking the best care of it and now another family will have the opportunity to do things right.

So I think that a lot of people make mistakes when it comes to actually adopting a pet, but rehoming is a little different. As long as the pet owner is willing to put in a little time and effort to find a good new home, then it's usually for the best.
Yes, exactly. Rehoming for shitty reasons doesn't make someone a terrible person, it just means they probably already are one.

My kitty's previous owners moved and left him outside to defend for himself, declawed and diabetic. While
I loathe whoever they were for being so cruel and nearly killing him, I'm glad he's not in their care anymore - they must not have taken good care of him in the first place if they were so flippant about kicking him out. Fuck those guys, but hooray for this sweet cat having a comfy life where he is extremely loved and taken care of.