Pixel Pixie

Pixel Pixie

Old 11-18-2014, 01:47 PM

Day 6 EntriesX

Quote:
This is so Merkhet!
Username: shadami
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: this would be a lovely star lit feast for a Merkhet winter festival. It feels dreamy and soft like the stars, and white like the snow. but in the beautiful cozy way instead of the cold way.
Quote:
This is so Merkhet!
Username:narcotic dolly
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Party at the pyramids! No, I'm fully kidding. These are all quartz pieces with epic lazer lighting! (I wish I could say I made these, but only the universe knows how they are truly formed)
Quote:
This is so Merkhet!
Username: Dystopia
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: You gotta decorate those pyramids!

This is so Merkhet!
Username: Dystopia
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: ALL THE PYRAMIDS.
Quote:
This is so Merkhet!
Username: Whimzica
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Its a gingerbread house built into the sphinx! What an amazing decor idea.. (and tasty too!)
Quote:
This is so Merkhet!
Username: shadami
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: After festival dinner, the egyptian lounge room is a wonderful place to retreat to to chat off the large meals.
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Username:~LONGCAT~
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because:This is what a successful party looks like. All the gifts are gone, all the wine is gone, most of the revelers have moved on to the next party. Colored strips of cloth in varying purples drift down from the trees, bundles of proud hey posted around the clearing, barrels of wine serve double duty of furniture and wine holder. Fresh grapes form the trees hangdown as natural garland, and picked bunches decorate tables and pillar bases.
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Username:XoGIZMOoX
Entry:My Entry fits the theme because:
Every greek influenced party needs a giant Zeus statue because Zeus rocks ^.^

This is so Milos!
Username:XoGIZMOoX
Entry:My Entry fits the theme because: This used to be a clear wine bottle and it became my chemistry class project we added chemicals inside and it became metallic it's like a mirror bottle it is really neat but I can't get a decent picture grrr anywho it fits the theme because Milos can re purpose their wine bottles into party centerpieces like flower vases ^.^
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Username: SuperZombiePotatoe
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Being a mainly pastoral environment, the Milosians are very close to nature and make good use of natural wonders in their festivals. They make decorations out of everything from leaves to flowers and beyond!
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Username: SuperZombiePotatoe
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Making use of all their exports, the Milosians even make decorations out of wool. You have to admit, these guys are creative!
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Username: Whisper Invictus
Entry: Click on thumbnail for full view
My Entry fits the theme because: The classic Roman Style pillars, and by Gods look at those flower arrangements! THIS IS DEFINITELY MILOS!
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Username:Nephila
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Draping fabrics and throw pillows everywhere! Also lot's of candles and plants. they love nature and use it as a lot of their decorations.

This is so Milos!
Username:Nephila
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because:Decorations on decorations? Yup they love that. Painted candles with leaves, sometimes even gold embossing. To bring the light and nature in. :D
Quote:
This is so Milos!
Username: zigbigadorlube
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: 1. The elegant ceramic chalice serves as both function and decoration at festival feasts on Milos. 2. This candelabra would be used to light the feast hall during the holiday celebrations.
Quote:
Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Username: DariaMorgendorfer
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: It is very beautifully done in red and gold very Dainae in both colors and flavor
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Username: star2000shadow
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: this is So Dainae because it has dragons on it, and who wouldn't want to pull something this gorgeous out during the holidays to light up the patio or the living room. or even the dining hall. to make a mystical feel to any room?

---------- Post added 12-27-2014 at 10:23 PM ----------

This is so Dainae!
Username: star2000shadow
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: What home would be complete without artwork dedicated to the mighty dragon?
Ooops, I missed Day 5.

Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Username: Chexala
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Long winter nights are the best time of year for lights displays. This magical-looking tunnel of string lights is made of a rainbow of jewel colors that would fit right in on Dainae.

This is so Dainae!
Username: Chexala
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Still more colorful lights, this time in the form of star-shaped paper lanterns, which can be clustered together a wonderfully cozy and festive effect.
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Username: hummy
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: beautiful lights of Dainae bring joy and happiness to all who see them. we love to ride around each night and enjoy all of the pretty lights!

---------- Post added 12-28-2014 at 08:42 AM ----------

This is so Dainae!
Username: hummy
Entry:

My Entry fits the theme because: beautiful lights of Dainae
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Username: sjacklene
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Oh how pretty the streets of Dainae look during Christmas. Pretty red Asian lanterns everywhere.

This is so Dainae!
Username: sjacklene
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: Not only are the streets decorated, but we even decorate the caverns and gemstone mines. :D
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Username: dragoness129
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: They are beautiful dragon ornaments! ♥
Quote:
Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Username: Salvete
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: this is a drawing I made on my computer of the infinity knot, one of the symbols of prosperity in the cultures of many Asian countries including China, Mongolia, and Tibet. This shape is often found in Chinese decorations during holidays and other times of celebration. Here, I have depicted the infinity knot made from traditional red cord (for Tatsu's red coloring) with jade beads (representing the gemstone trade of Dainae) holding the shape in place.
Quote:
Entry Form:
This is so Dainae!
Username: Salvete
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: this is a traditional upside down Chinese symbol that I drew on the computer, which decorates the walls and doorways of many homes and stores during the wintertime, holidays, and lunar new year. Here is a real-life example where the character for "luck" is upside-down. The symbol for "Dragon" is used for Tatsu the Dragon, our mascot. The sign is upside down because in the Chinese language, the term "is flipped" sounds like the term for "has arrived." So, when someone says "The Dragon (character) is flipped," they are also saying "The Dragon has arrived." The borders and characters are made from gold leaf, representing the wealth of Dainae.
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Username: Maria-Minamino
Entry: Google Search
My Entry fits the theme because: Blossoms, lanterns, and dragons would fill the rooms!

This is so Dainae!
Username: Maria-Minamino
Entry: Google Search:
My Entry fits the theme because: These lovely homemade crafts would hang from the ceiling as you walk the hallways!
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Username: Abel
Entry:
My Entry fits the theme because: These colorful lights remind me of the glittering gems of the mines below Dainae.
Quote:
This is so Dainae!
Username: linnea
Entry: personal photo

My Entry fits the theme because:
jewel tone lights and a bright star paper lantern. that seems pretty Dainae to me!
here is a close up of my name too

This is so Dainae!
Username: linnea
Entry: personal craft

here's a picture without the lights so you can see the cranes better
My Entry fits the theme because:
the art of paper folding goes way back so paper cranes seem like the perfect craft to decorate your home! i made these up in the jewel tones that Dainae is famous for and seven in number. seven is a lucky number for relationships and symbolizes togetherness.

and some information regarding the historyX

Quote:
Origami was invented in China around 100AD. The word origami simply means "paper folding". Japan was in the habit of adopting interesting parts of the Chinese culture, and took on the craft of origami around 600AD. It is Japanese origami which has become a world famous cultural emblem.

As in many societies, paper was a luxury item, created by hand and used only for important, long lasting purposes. When origami was first brought to Japan, only the rich practiced the art of folding paper into shapes. The shape creation was a way of adding special meaning to what the paper held on it or in it.

For love notes, origami was doubly special. First, the origami shape itself could represent a message. The selection of color and shape help conveyed the true emotions of the writer. Second, origami is an intricate art. If the love note was intercepted, it would be unlikely that the reader could perfectly refold the shape. So the origami love note was very secure - it could not be read by the wrong person without the recipient knowing it.

Last edited by Cora; 12-29-2014 at 09:47 PM..