View Single Post
Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you know?"

Old 02-09-2015, 04:58 AM

Derek slipped a smooth stone into his pocket as a rather built man approached the waiting area. Perhaps this was the Pyrate they were waiting for? Curious eyes watched them approach, and his question was soon answered. "Hotaru." Derek pushed himself away from the railing he'd been leaning against and offered a hand. "Derek Vos." Looks like they weren't going to have too many issues with this mission. From the look of him Hotaru knew how to pull his own weight plus some. It was comforting that he wouldn't be spending the next few days with a beginner. Those were the worst jobs.

"What do you think we'll find?" Derek was a quiet sort, but he knew that was his flaw. If he could force himself to talk a bit, maybe it would come more naturally later on.

((Oh. Uhm. I'm guessing I need to wake my little Hatter up... and get her to the waiting spot too? xD Sorry, I'm so out of the mindset of this one, I can hardly remember our plans. *laugh*))
-

((I think we should probably move Adin/Sarah on, yes. Sadly, I am feeling brain dead for those two ... I'll have to bring her in next reply! ))

Cain clicked his tongue unhappily. "Telling me to be silent." He narrowed his eyes, then shook his head as he witnessed Odessa's anger. A few strange things happened at that moment. Immediately notes were made to Odessa's file - perhaps not the public file, but the one that Cain kept on the woman. He had the ability to alter it as he mentally took notes.

"Nothing to find indeed."
The male's pale eyes lingered on his companion for a while before he fell silent to hear her response to his actions. What did she think of the strangely similar "glitch-like" qualities of their profiles? It was always interesting to watch Odessa's reactions, and that was one of the reasons he'd been drawn to her. Cain let his gaze linger on her for a while, merely listening in silence.

She had calmed. That made Cain's lips quirk with a half smile. "I don't regret much of what I do, Odessa." Her blatant threat didn't seem to make him squirm, if anything it made him give the impression of baring his fangs. He didn't picture the woman as threatening - obviously so. "But you are correct. I will do what I wish, no matter your opinion." His eyebrows lifted slightly at her shift in demeanor. Odessa was losing her fear, or at least building up her Pyrate shield against it. Perhaps it was the woman's stubborn nature? This made Cain's smile widen slightly. Of course she felt threatened. Her very existence was being threatened.

"It would be quite foolish on your part," he said in reference to her mention of trust. With a chuckle, the male's glowing eyes flickered to the door. She was leaving, that much was clear. "Until next we meet, Odessa." The tall male had not missed how close Odessa had gotten. He merely smiled again, and rested back into his chair. He needed rest now. It was good that she was leaving, really. Cain let his gaze move to the door as he waved her out.

Cain never had clarified whether or not he was implying they were both glitches, but his impressions had been clear. Obviously.