View Single Post
HC-Gal
Badass Freakin' Overlord!
Send a message via MSN to HC-Gal Send a message via Yahoo to HC-Gal

Old 03-01-2015, 02:52 PM

Kline raised his brow at the Queen as she spoke but he simply raised a hand to his head, rubbing at the bridge of his nose softly,
"Would you cut that out? Sure I dont like royals but I never said you were useless. It's fine that you care about people but if you care about them you have to do better than just caring. Stop stressing yourself out and putting yourself down, you'll never get that weapon to work in such an unstable mindset." He advised simply, dropping his hands to his hips once more, though he considered her questions,
"The scars are lessons to learn from, most of them have their own stories, I'll tell you about them some other time maybe." He shrugged to himself, looking up tot he window he'd dropped from,
"As for me and Bradley, I don't know her story. At least not past when I first found her." He stared at Snow again, he didn't seem so bothered by her touching him, he remained still as he kept his eyes locked on her.

"It's probably why she's so quiet, the place I found her, I mean." He started, "I wont go into the details but I was being taken into a prison in Drakon, in the castle town they established on the western coast, Dreyvas. Among the people trapped down there, Bradley was one of them. But she'd been brutalized. Every inch of her body was bruised and beaten, seemed the guards had gotten alot of kicks out of making her scream. That's what the other prisoners said anyway. She was the wardens favorite plaything because she has an incredible regenerative ability, sick bastard. Unlike normal people, she would recover within a day or two, so she'd be fresh and ready for another beating. I don't mean to brag but I'm fairly superhuman myself, once they were ready to start torturing her again I made my escape, they were so preoccupied with her that they barely had the time to see me coming. I killed every single guard I came across, carrying that girl over my shoulder and i chased that warden through his entire damn prison until I had him eating four feet of steel. After that I escaped, tended to her, got her some new cloths and we left Drakon territory. She wouldn't speak to me, so I just called her Bradley since I didn't know what to call her. Not even the other prisoners knew her name. She stuck with me, but at a distance for along while, it took me weeks of coaxing her, half the time I'd leave her food and back off, give her room, but after a while she got closer, even sat down next to me. It was a cold night, so I guess she just wanted some warmth by the fire, or by me, but either way, she got closer." The man stopped the a moment, placing a hand on the back of his neck and cracking it either way,
"I've never seen her hurt anyone that didn't deserve it. She's got strength, but she doesn't throw it about, she's risked her life for innocent people, even if she avoided them before or soon after. She's as gentle as any curious kid with animals or insects. I don't know her story personally, where she came from or why she's as strong as she is for her age. I doubt I'll ever know, but she's safe. I don't know for certain if she's happy, but I've gotten to understand her through her actions."

Kline stared at the Queen again, waving a finger at her almost as though she were a naughty child,
"Though I think you may have upset her yesterday by running off like you did. She wants to help you. I could care less either way but she does care. Leaving her behind like that wasn't nice." He chided her but dropped his hand to his hip again with a slight chuckle, "Though I'm pretty sure she'll forgive you." Kline added, "Now, try it again, aim at your target and stop thinking so hard, using enchanted items takes awareness, but it has to be second nature, like it's an extension of yourself for the time that you hold it, it's why people here use them from a young age, correct?"