View Single Post
Kry
Hero Complex

Old 03-05-2015, 12:17 AM

Once more Kurako was shrugging. "Cave dwellers are the easiest to deal with. Whatever trouble comes, be reassured, I'll place myself between you and any harm coming your way." That eagerness again, it almost outweighed the amusement that seemed to be a permanent or near permanent expression on the half elf's face and in his demeanor. Patrin was reaching in the folds of his clothing once more, and Kurako's lavender eyes found the sparkly beauties as soon as they were pulled into view.

It wasn't greed that fueled Kurako to be a thief, it was the simplicity that he simply didn't know how to live any other way. It had been what he was taught from a very early age, and so he had soaked up such a lifestyle so completely. The rings were tossed to him, and he moved faster than any human could ever hope to move, catching the three rings easily. Just quick as he had caught them, they vanished into a hidden pocket of his clothing.

"Perhaps too well paid." There was suspicion and that eagerness for danger in his voice. "Generally when someone is paid as well as I, for nothing, they're betrayed at the end of the job and robbed by the one that did the paying." Kurako's lavender eyes roamed over Patrin almost carefully now. He knew the other wasn't what he appeared to be, but wasn't sure what he was just yet. "Oddly enough though, I can't find myself to come to believe that you'd stab me in the back. We shall see I suppose."

For a moment he fingered the hilt of the dagger at his side. It wasn't his only weapon, he had plenty of daggers and throwing knives hidden up his sleeves, his in his boots and various folds of his clothing. He glanced up at the sky as his hand fell away from his dagger hilt and he readjusted his traveling pack. Thinking.