View Single Post
Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕。)

Old 04-22-2015, 05:04 PM

The ride was silent in the beginning. She spoke up, telling him where her campsite was and he gave a slight nod. To his question, she looked over to him. He caught the sight in the corner of his eye. She told him that she was from New York, to which a slight feeling spurred inside of him. Not against her, he had just dealt with some others from New York, to which it had not been a pleasant event. He was not judging her that was not fair. Not everyone from a certain place, ethnicity, etc. were all the same. She asked where he was from, and for a moment he paused. He then answered her, since she had answered him in return. “Originally as you may have noticed, I am from Paris….for the past few years however, my home has been right here within California” he responded.

It was true, he was living along the beach, in a nice neighborhood. This place was quite busy and active when it wished to be. It was a nice change of pace from that place, as well as away from those people. Here was home now, the other merely a memory. “Opposite sides of the continent” he chuckled slightly, for some reason finding this amusing. They were indeed a bit different, perhaps this was one more thing that the two of them had to be opposite about. Then again, the saying was that opposites attracted. Perhaps that was something that was causing them to be drawn together at this moment in time. He did not believe in fate, nothing could be decided for you. It was through your actions and responses to life that things happened. As a result of this, people’s lives turned out the way they did. That was not to say he did not believe in certain points of sayings like that.

He did believe that things happened for a reason. Opportunities presented themselves, it was up to others to take hold of them though. Right now, the two of them had taken hold of the situation they were in, making decisions and choices that led them to this moment in time. What would happen next would be a result of that, as well as a result of future choices. “I have been to New York before” he spoke, deciding to silence the silence a bit more. “I travel a lot in my line of work, so seeing various regions comes with the job.” Thinking back, he recalled his New York experiences once more. “It was quite…interesting, different than many other places I have become familiar with” he put it nicely, not wishing to be rude. Once more, it was not fair of him to lump everyone and everything within the state together, so he didn’t.