View Single Post
zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-04-2015, 01:46 AM

Friday, May 1, 2015

Today was a pretty busy day. I had a lot to do at work and then when I got home I ran around cleaning and doing laundry. After that I ended up staying up pretty late because I got distracted with internet things.

• • •

My first job was at Tops Friendly Markets as a cashier. It was a pretty good job. They held it for me during the semesters so I could have a guaranteed position when i came home every summer which was really nice. After I graduated I worked there for at least a year. It's kind of funny that as soon as I started really getting to know everyone is when I ended up leaving. Oh well.

Saturday, May 2, 2015

I got up early today to go to Free Comic Book Day. It definitely wasn't super fun to get up early after going to bed late but it wasn't too bad really. I got five free comics. You were allowed to take six but they didn't have a few of the ones that I was interested in. I saw this pretty loltastic sign on the way there:

After that I ran home, ate lunch, and then went out again to meet a friend to go ice skating. Things were pretty crazy at the rink though. They had like a million cones up sectioning everything off and people were just going everywhere with no sort of origination so it was rather annoying. After that I headed back to Union Square to look for a pair of shoes at DSW but didn't end up finding anything and headed home. I ended up feeling pretty depressed when I got back for a number of reasons. I cleaned the bedroom and then Skype chatted with a friend for the rest of the night. I was planning on playing some Phantasy Star but then got distracted again. I've been pretty bad with that recently.

• • •

Oh gosh, favorite book, that's a real toughie! I guess my favorite book out of the ones I've read recently would be Redshirts by John Scalzi. It's a pretty hilarious play on Star Trek and old sci-fi TV shows.

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Today I managed to sleep in a bit after going to bed again late last night. I took a shower and then we went out grocery shopping. After that I headed to the Brooklyn Botanical gardens. It was a mad house there but I finally managed to sign up for my free membership compliments of my IDNYC and head in. It was peak cherry blossom season and everything was so beautiful. My only regret was that I didn't get there earlier in the day because in the end I didn't get to stay very long.

After that I had some trouble catching the bus home but finally made it. I made dinner, cleaned a bit, then hopped on Mene to reply to a roleplay and chat with a friend. Overall it was a pretty good day even if I didn't really get a chance to do everything that I wanted to.

• • •

F is for friend! I'm super excited that I have a friend coming to visit this Thursday!

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 05-11-2015 at 02:00 PM..