Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Old 06-11-2015, 11:48 PM

Maha-Aamir

October 24, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyButton View Post
Happy Friday, peeps! I have today's Admin's Pick for you.

Long after she's gone to her watery grave, this pirate captain walks the moonlit shores of a distant dark isle, guarding her stash from would-be plunderers. This is expertly done, because even though the clothes are all pristine, the choice of colors paired with the glow effect makes the avatar seem appropriately scraggly and ethereal. The hair too was expertly chosen - the way it fans out evokes the feeling of being underwater. And props for using that giant crescent moon - not the easiest thing to incorporate, but it works out perfectly here.

Just a great avatar, all around - love it!

Congratulations, Maha-Aamir!

December 4, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knerd View Post
I love it when you folks create avatars that wouldn't look out of place in real life! Putting together casual outfits, especially when we have so many truly bizarre items available here, it an amazing feat. But the coolest thing about this avatar is how Maha-Aamir managed to make both a a realistic outfit and a slightly concerning scene: Why is this girl out late at night with only a lantern and some coffee? What exactly have those eyes seen?! She's got me Wondering...

Great job!

January 11, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Howdy View Post
Mondays, huh? They're a bummer. But look on the bright side, Monday is Howdy AP Day! Yeah! You know it! Try not to pollute your britches with sheer exuberance. ... Ahem. AND my Admin Pick for this week is... Maha-Aamir:

Now why is Maha-Aamir so distressed? Could it be cause her ship is taking on water and overrun with mice? That's no problem. A few well placed corks and the addition of a cat or two will solve all her worries. Finito. --- Maha makes a stunning looking pirate. It's a great balance of strength, coolness and beauty. And you know with the missing hand and eye, she's got some stories to tell. ;D

So congrats to Maha on her third star!

October 25, 2016

Quote:
And my AP for the week is... Maha-Aamir:

I love me some Halloween, and I also love that so many of your are getting into the spirit of the season. ... Get it? Spirit? Like... ghost. ... ... Ehem. Maha has proven herself to be quite the avatar maker, and those skills are front and center in this avi. It's put together so well, but still not too complicated, but I think that widens the scope for interpretation. At first I saw her as maybe a sort of Bride of Frankenstein character, wandering the late night countryside. But then I thought, maybe she's a banshee, whose screams bring fear to all those who hears them. But then again, perhaps she's the spirit of jilted lover, who cries out for the beloved who spurned her. And woe to any young man who crosses her path, lest she takes him on as her new beau. --- It can go is so many directions, and that's what I like about it. ;D

So congrats to Maha-Aamir on her fourth star!

January 16, 2017

Quote:
And my AP for the week is... Maha-Aamir:

In the tradition of the super badass Lady Snowblood, Maha-Aamir is a woman not to be crossed! A young maiden, possessed of beauty and strength, who walks the streets of feudal Japan. But she is no ordinary maiden. She is a killer, with only one thing on her mind... REVENGE! --- They murdered her family, burned down her home, and stole her cupcakes! And now they will all pay with their blood! --- This revenge fantasy is workin' for me, 100%! The rose petals, the design on the kimono that looks like blood splatter, the merciless look on her face. Great job! ;D

So congrats to Maha-Aamir on her fifth star!

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 01-25-2017 at 09:33 PM..