View Single Post
Faded Beauty
Imaginary Friend

Old 06-15-2015, 02:26 AM

He didn't know why but he slightly blushed at her words. Most people didn't really care to meet him, once they met Sirus; they forgot he had a brother. Maybe because they were arranged to be married. He opened a door leading to his study, unlike the other rooms, it was filled with stacks books and papers. The walls were lined with shelves just as untidy as the rather large desk near the window. Workbenches traced the walls under the shelves, laboratory tools lined on side of the room as the other was covered with wires and other metals a person in the engineering profession would have. Tubes and vials filled with different colored liquids covered one side of his desk. It was rather greasy in some spots of the engineering side which just added to its charm. Daylen made his way to his desk and searched around in the middle drawer, he had placed something very valuable with it; problem was finding it in the massive clutter of papers.

He pulled out a small silver box with celtic symbols and walked towards her. "These were my Grandmother's." He said stopping in front of her. "She told me to give them to the woman I married." He sighed softly, "I know we're not in love and you probably dislike me deeply for my actions the last few days, however, we're to be married." He said taking her hand and placing the box on her palm. Inside were three engagement rings, two thin plain white gold bands and a diamond encrusted band that rested in the middle. "Consider this as an apology present and a slight bribe to start over." He said softly to her.