View Single Post
ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 06-16-2015, 04:20 PM

Topaz

Topaz let out a giggle-like squeal as she grabbed Sapphire's hand, pulling her along with her around the pond. The kids on the other side seemed to take notice and started cheering before they too, started running around the pond. It seemed like a herd of children were going to meet the two women in the middle, their faces showing the happiness and excitement of the day.

"Who is this, Zara?" One of the older children asked as the children caught up to them. A warm look was on the blonde's face as she gave her old friend a smile (for everyone was Topaz's friend, they didn't have a choice). Releasing Sapphire's hand, she tucked her legs under her as she sat on the ground, a little girl quickly taking a seat on her lap, kids sitting around her.

"This is an old friend of mine, her name is Sapphire," she said happily as she looked up at the pink haired woman. One of the kids asked, "Do you know her from singing?" Topaz shook her head as she said, "Oh no, I know her from a long time before then." The concept may have been odd for some of the kids whom she had known all their lives, but she wouldn't tell them more than that.

The kids looked up at the woman, smiles on their faces. Topaz then chuckled, "I know she's pretty, but you have to say hello!" She then held her finger up before the kids could say anything. "But, you have to say hello in a special way." With that kids' eyes locked on the blonde woman, eager to hear what she was going to say.

"Do you remember how I said you had to believe in me when I made the broken Christmas lights light up again?" A group of the kids nodded enthusiastically, more than likely these were the kids from the orphanage that Topaz spent the last few years with. Her eyes then fell to the little girl in her lap as she said, "You have to say hello with your heart, wish is as much as you can, tell her just how happy you are to see her." She then placed her hands on the little girl's temples. "If she hears you, she will respond and you will hear it here."

There was a look of love and hope in the electric woman's eyes as she looked at the children. "They aren't all corrupted," she thought happily to Sapphire. "The good is still in them." She then ran her fingers through the little girl's hair as all the children quickly turned their gaze up to the other woman, their eyes hopeful, the air silent.

Ruby

With the sudden stopping Ruby should've been expecting the other two to run into her, but even if she had, the sudden collision did send her forward a bit. Opal though, as quick as she usually was when it came to others, had quickly caught the red headed woman. A smirk graced her features as taller woman behind her made a comment about the boys probably not even being awake yet. It was curious that so far, it was girls that she had run into. Then again, with how long she had been awake, it was amazing to run into more than one Guardian in a single day when she hadn't seen them in so long.

She followed Emerald and the others to the back room and the ushering of Emerald's co-worker, or work relation of some kind. As she walked back, she was sure to look the person over. Emerald had been there for who knows how long, this person must have been safe, or at least safe enough.

Once in back, Ruby found a seat and took it, smoothing her kimono as she looked up at the group they had gathered. Diamond mentioned how they seemed to be attracting one another, this brought a crease to the woman's brow as she looked up at Emerald. "I frequent this shop quite often to bring flowers to the woman allowing me to stay with her, how is it that I have not seen you up until now?"

It was a curious thing. So many of them were awake apparently, so how many more were there? Were they all in the same town? If so, how did they all go on missing each other for so long? As Ruby thought about these things, her eyes narrowed wondering if the darkness had something to do with this. Was it masking their presence from one another until they regained their powers?