View Single Post
Iltu
do you think pigeons have feelings

Old 08-30-2015, 08:40 PM

The corners of Grarhi's mouth quirked up as Tsillu described his mishap. Though she was careful not to touch any of it, she leaned in close to examine the notes, to admire the diligence involved more than anything. She couldn't make head or tails of most of it, though she could appreciate a labor of love such as this, ink splatters in unfortunate places and all.

"I'm afraid all I know about language is speaking, reading and writing," she said, linking her hands behind her back as she looked everything over. "And I know only a few basic words of tengu." In fact, arriving in The Expanse had heralded her first conversation of any length with a tengu. She'd encountered a few in the Eirney Islands, which were known for the profusion of different races that lived there, but even in those lands, there weren't many. Her travels in the northern mainland were extensive, but she was sorely lacking experience everywhere else.

"I do have an associate who might be of some use," she said slowly, "but he's weeks away. A minstrel, not a scholar, but he's knowledgeable about linguistics. He would love all of this." As she spoke, she motioned with her hand at all of Tsillu's work, then broadened the gesture to encompass the entire area.