View Single Post
blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play them like a lullaby, like a reason why.

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 09-30-2015, 05:06 AM

Asha smiled a bit. She still seemed to be a bit reluctant, but being in Chance’s arms was more of a comfort then a discomfort. There was no threat here just as Midori had reassured her. The shifter wasn’t like the others who had caused her pain in the past. The angel relaxed, giving the fortuneteller a nod. When Chance mumbled, rubbing his cheek against the top of her head she glanced up at him, leaning a bit more into him. “I’m not sure you’ll want someone like me as part of your pack. I’m…” Her thought trailed off as Asha tried to figure out how to explain that she was broken. Or at least she was dysfunctional, having memory lapses and lately her powers being out of control at times.

Ciaran looked up when he was called. Hearing the other shifter’s words he shook his head. Those two were going to end up fighting again at this rate. With a light sigh he moved from his pile of stuff after writing his name on one last plush chair. With a teasing grin he called back as he approached the others. “You can have that thing. She’s too stubborn.”

“I’m not a thing,” Midori growled as she glared up at the shifter. Apparently Chance didn’t understand what she meant, but that was nothing new. Yes she was already marked by Ciaran, but he hadn’t physically written his name of her. At least not that she knew of. When Ciaran chimed in the fortuneteller shot him a disapproving look. Most wouldn’t have noticed the slight shift in her eyes from anger to one of being hurt. Snorts, “maybe this ‘unwanted thing’ should find another place to go.”

Her attention returned briefly to Chance. “Yes, that one is rather…dark.” It was the only word she could use at this moment to describe the man whom the shifter was referring. Midori elbowed the older shifter, looking more annoyed with how he was speaking to her than what he said. “Yes, I have lived with a shifter, but that doesn’t mean I know everything about them.” The woman paused as she tried to figure out how to put what she wanted to say.

It was true she has lived with the younger shifter for a while, she also knew about the marking and such. It just seemed that he did things like that more when Chance was around. How could she explain that distance she kept between Ciaran and herself? Their relationship was not what most people believed it to be. “Forget what I said.”

At this point Ciaran was standing beside Midori, an amused look still on his face. “Now, now Rei. Don’t be that way. You know I was only joking.” He caught that hurt look that briefly flashed in her eyes and sighed. Because he wanted to joke and try to ease the tension he said something wrong. Unlike the others he knew some of the fortuneteller's past. Some of what had made her the way she currently was.

The younger shifter pulled Midori away from Chance before she could push more of his buttons. “Come on guys let’s just get along.”

Midori didn't seem to calm much as she was pulled closer to Ciaran. His words of trying to calm her also seemed to do little. The woman was still mad about the joke since it struck a nerve.