View Single Post
BellyButton
Assistant Administrator

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-23-2015, 11:28 PM

Day Two StoryX

Ruby: So I says to the guy, “Mister, if you want me to shout BINGO, you still need to cover my ‘G’!” [laughs]
numerica: [giving an awkward side glance] The uh… EMF readings up here are pretty flat.
Car'a'Carn: And the temperature seems to be constant.
Ruby: [soldiering on] But no one can hold a candle to my Hank. That man was a stallion. [finally noticing the others] So whatchu guys up to?
HIM_ROCK: Just taking baseline readings to measure the temperature and electromagnetic field of the attic. Any fluxuations in either might tell us if a spirit is present.
Ruby: Sounds like science fiction. My Hank used to love that kinda stuff.
hummy: How long ago did your husband pass on?
Ruby: [smiling] Oh, just a little over three years ago, god bless ‘im. --- After he was gone, I didn’t know what I’d do with myself. But Kathy said I should move in with her and her family. She’s always been a good girl. [pausing] Maybe too good. She sure don’t take after her mother! [laughs again]

Just then, a loud thump sounds overhead, making everyone jump.

Divacita: What the hell was that?!
Ruby: Holy cheese, that's enough to make th' old thump box jump!

Again, another deep thump!

star200shadow: It's on the roof!
Xogizmoox: [gasps] Maybe it's Santa!
Kent: Guys… the EMF is going crazy! 5.6. 7.9. 12.3. 24.8! It just keeps going up!
Ruby: Say, how many of you investigator people are up here?
Kay: Yourself included, there are 10 of us.
Ruby: [eyes widening] Then who’s that?
---

The time is just past eleven. Night has set and all is still outside on Croftmoor’s forested slopes. Inside the Seward home, it’s lights out. Time to split up and investigate. The Ghost Quest team, along with various members of the Seward family, break off to explore different rooms of the house.

At this point, it’s a bit of a waiting game to see which areas are more active than others. But Sterling ascends the stairs with certainty. In his wake are Ananda, Roscoe and the crew, as well as Franklin, Katherine and Annabelle.

Katherine: I’ve always wondered, why does paranormal investigation always happen at night and in the dark?
Sterling: Spirits tend to be, for the most part, much more willing to interact at night. It’s quieter and it’s easier for them to move about without distraction.
Ananda: Plus it looks good on TV.

Reaching the second floor landing, Sterling intuitively turns and makes his way to the end of the hall, then veers right.

Sterling: [stopping before the door] Here.
Annabelle: [unnerved] That’s my room.
Sterling: [unceremoniously he enters, a small look of irritation on his face] Just as I thought, the energy in the house is strongest in this room.
Ananda: But you still don’t know what it is?
Sterling: No. And it’s frustrating. I’m close, but…

[In the dark, Annabelle squeezes the hands of her parents.]

Sterling: What are the incidents in this room?
Annabelle: Well… [hesitating] they always happen when I’m in bed. I’ve seen a figure in the room. Near the window and by the closet.
Ananda: What did it look like?
Annabelle: I… I dunno, it’s fuzzy. [uneasy] I never seem to have an exact picture of what goes on in here. I’ve seen the figure, and I’ve felt something standing over me… but I can’t seem to recall what it looks like.
Ananda: [without accusation] Do you think you might have been dreaming?
Annabelle: No, I know it’s not a dream! The figure is hazy, but the incidents are so clear. Plus I always find things moved around the day after.
Ananda: [touching the girl’s shoulder] Sounds like a difficult situation to deal with.
Katherine: We’ve all had experiences, but Annabelle seems to get the lion’s share.
Sterling: [moving further into the room] And all this happens in bed. Do you mind if I lie down? [he asks, but does so before he can get an answer]

Silently, Sterling closes his eyes, as everyone anxiously waits for him to speak again. The pause is near unbearable. Then, with a jarring gasp, Sterling’s eyes fly open and he scrambles off the bed.

Sterling: [shaken] Oh my god!
Ananda: [frightened] Sterling, what is it?!
Sterling: [his breath quickens] It’s not a ghost. … That’s why the energy is so different. This isn’t a spirit. It’s not even dead! … [with emphasis] Whatever has been in this house is alive.

Suddenly, a massive thump sounds overhead, causing everyone in the room to react.

Ananda: What was that?!

Shouts are heard from the attic above. Annabelle screams and latches on to her father.

Sterling: [with warning] It’s here! It’s inside the house!
Katherine: What?!
Franklin: [upset] Are you people trying to play some kind of joke on us, because this is totally…
Ananda: Mr. Seward, I promise you this is something we wouldn’t do! [quickly turning to Roscoe] Roscoe, contact the team upstairs.
Roscoe: [taking the walkie talkie from his belt] hummy come in. [he receives nothing but static in return] hummy? HIM_ROCK? Kent? Divacita? ... star2000shadow?! Where are you guys? [still nothing]
Sterling: We can’t be in this room. We need to hide. [addressing the director] Roscoe, tell everyone to hide!
Roscoe: C’mon, there’s gotta be a logical expl…
Ananda: Damnit Roscoe, do it!
Roscoe: [with uncertainty he complies] Guys, stay calm, but we think someone is in the house. I want everyone to stop what they’re doing and hide. Stay quiet and we’ll let you know what’s goin’ on.
Katherine: What do we do now?
Sterling: We can’t stay in this room. We need to move. Whatever’s coming… is coming for Annabelle.

Day Two ResultsX

Dining Room
This will certainly be a case to remember. The only thing that comes close is when production shut down after a family of raccoons got into the air ducts. Ananda thought it was poltergeist, tapping on the walls. You're pretty confident something like that is what's happening tonight. Waiting for the all clear, you sit at the dining table and admire the centerpiece, a basket filled with flowers. Blue is such a calming color. Nothing bad could ever be blue.
(Duck Egg Flower Basket)

Eloise's Bedroom
You're uneasy, hiding in the youngest daughter's bedroom. But the agitation doesn't come from fear. There seems to be an energy in the room. And there, near the window... two orbs of light dancing in midair. Just what are they?

Garage
While Franklin and Sterling mess around with the fuse box, you take a look around the garage. Tucked away in a corner, you find a box of books marked for donation. Choosing a book at random, you find the cover is marked with undecipherable text. You open it and read. "Klaatu barada nikto." ... What kind of language is that?
(+1 Raffle Point)

Guest Bedroom
The Sewards have such a nice house. Even their guest bedroom is like something from a magazine. You sit on the bed and wait for your next move. Out of curiosity, you open the side table drawer. Looks like a previous guest left some cash behind. It'd be a shame if it disappeared in the confusion.
(+600g )

Mother-in-law Suite
Ruby's part of the house is like a small basement apartment. It's quite nice. No time to admire the decor though. As you take refuge in the bedroom, you anxiously wait to hear from Roscoe again. Peering to your left, you practically jump out of your skin. It's a pair of eyes, staring right at you! But wait, it's only a sleep mask. ... You really need to find a new line of work.
(Gussy Up Travel Case)

Office
While hiding, you seem to notice that these Sewards really have it together. Their office is the picture of productivity, with their neatly laid out desks and tidied shelves. Even in your current state of fear, you have to admire the organization. Your work space back home is covered in Dorito crumbs and all you do there is play Warcraft.
(Office Life)

Rec Room
Wow, that guy on TV is right. ... Aliens.
(End of Investigation - See F.A.Q.)

Study Room
Funny, you've never seen a dedicated study room before. When you were in school, you'd do your homework in your room, in front of the TV. It definitely cuts down on distraction. On the wall you notice a chart. Seems like the Seward children earn money for each good grade they get. The better the grade, the higher the reward. Talk about incentive.
(+700g )

Where is everybody?X

--Dining Room
Hadsvich - x_x

--Eloise's Bedroom
Angel Spirit Girl - x_x
Damia Flagg - x_x
Roxxxy - x_x

--Garage
hummy - x_x
Miscreant74 - x_x
Nema - x_x
woohoohelloppl - x_x

--Guest Bedroom
Dystopia - x_x
~LONGCAT~ - x_x
Q U E E N - x_x
Velvet - x_x
Whisper Invictus - x_x

--Mother-in-law Suite
babyblueyez25 - x_x
blueblackrose - x_x
Car'a'Carn - x_x
EirianHikari - x_x
Mageling - x_x
Maha-Aamir - x_x
Nephila - x_x
Razak - x_x
spicedroses - x_x
wish - x_x
Xo~GREMLIN~oX - x_x

--Office
GummyBearKisses - x_x
Midian - x_x
musasgal - x_x
Saravi Boo - x_x
Shadami - x_x
star2000shadow - x_x
xoxoAngiexoxo - x_x

--Rec Room
Chexala - x_x
Divacita - x_x
DivineHeart - x_x
GwenaHikari - x_x
HIM_ROCK - x_x
Kent - x_x
LizzyCollinsDeArc - x_x
Mimmu - x_x
Roachi - x_x
SuperZombiePotatoe - x_x
Xogizmoox - x_x

--Study Room
Cora - x_x
dragoness129 - x_x
KatMagenta - x_x
Kay - x_x
LaVida - x_x
Naisou - x_x
numerica - x_x
Rochiel Silverfire - x_x
sadrain - x_x
salvete - x_x
shinigamikarasu - x_x
zigbigadorlube - x_x

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 11-02-2015 at 07:59 PM..