View Single Post
BellyButton
Assistant Administrator

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-24-2015, 02:35 AM

Day Four StoryX

salvete: [worked up] Oh god, why did I think getting into the entertainment business was a good idea?! Doing makeup for TV shows?! It’ll be glamorous! This… is not glamorous! --- I shoulda listened to my parents and become a podiatrist.
Tommy McPherson :Why a podiatrist?
salvete: Feet are important!
Tommy: I can't believe you guys saw aliens! Makes you wonder what else is real out there? Vampires? The Loch Ness Monster? Bigfoot?
Miles: Bigfoot is real! I met him.
Tommy: You did not meet Bigfoot. You ate some bad mushrooms in the forest after your dad told you not to. Remember you said he was hanging out with the Easter Bunny.
Miles: They’re friends.
salvete: Hey, the walkie talkie is working again! Hello, can anyone hear me?

The device crackles and a voice responds. It’s Ananda.

Ananda: salvete?! Where are you? Are you safe?

salvete: Yeah, i'm here with Miles and Eloise. We’re at a house. All of us are pretty shaken up, but I think we’re safe.
Katherine: [over the receiver] Please, let me talk to my children.
Eloise: [taking the walkie talkie] Mom?!
Katherine: Honey, are you and your brother okay? Where are you?
Eloise: Yeah, we’re fine. We’re at the McPherson's.
Miles: [in the background] Hi Mom!
Tommy: [the same] Hi Mrs. Seward!
Katherine: Good! I want you to stay there. We’re going to find your father and then make our way over to you. Got it?
Eloise: Yeah.
Miles: [acknowledging Tommy’s camera] Why are you filming this?
Tommy: An alien abduction in Lake County? When is that gonna happen ever again?

Suddenly, salvete screams and points to the window.

salvete: Did you see that?!

And then the lights go out.

Eloise: [whimpering] Mom, I think they’re here.
Katherine: What?! Eloise….
Eloise: Mom, I…. [but the rest is static]

Somewhere deep within the woods, Katherine’s eyes grow wide with terror.

Katherine: [shouting into the walkie talkie] Eloise! Miles! Answer me! [again, there is no reply] I have to go. I have to find them!
Ananda: [taking her by the arm] Katherine, you’re not even sure where we are. What if you get turned around and find yourself more lost?
Sterling: [as flat as ever] Besides, they’ve probably been taken by now.
Ananda: [sharply] Sterling! Where is your tact?!
Sterling: It’s true. They took the grandmother. They took Roscoe and the others. It stands to reason.
Katherine: [crying] I don’t care. I have to find them!
Ananda: [gives Sterling the stink eye, then tries to comfort Katherine] You’ll do yourself no good running around the woods all frantic. Let’s try to find a road and figure out where we are, then we’ll go to them.

There is a sudden rustling from behind. The three turn, ready to flee, but are relieved to see it is Franklin and Annabelle.

Annabelle: Mom!
Katherine: [the three hug] Thank goodness you’re safe! --- Franklin, they took Miles and Eloise. Those monsters have our babies!
Annabelle: [gasps]
Franklin: What?!
Ananda: [somberly] We heard them, over the walkie talkie.
Katherine: They were at the McPherson’s. Franklin, we have to find them!
Ananda: It’s hard to tell which way is which in these woods. But I suggested we find a road and then try to make our way to the McPherson’s.
Franklin: [shaken, but trying to stay calm] I think… that’s sound advice, honey. [holding her] Don’t worry, we’ll find them. We just need to keep walking.

Unbeknownst to the others, Sterling had slipped off to explore further ahead. Huffing and puffing, he returns and points further into the trees.

Sterling: I found some sort of building, over in this direction.
Franklin: Maybe they have a phone!

Hurriedly, the group makes their way south, about three hundred yards into the dense forest. But what potentially seemed to be a saving grace quickly falls flat. It’s a small, darkened log cabin, overgrown with leaves and moss.

Annabelle: It’s the old Allen cabin. This place has been abandoned forever.
Ananda: [sighing] That’s perfect.
Franklin: Yeah, but at least we now know where we…
Sterling: [cutting him off] Hold on. If this place is abandoned, why is there a light inside?

And sure enough, from behind the filthy window, a faint glow can be seen within the cabin. Instinctively, the five of them tense. But Franklin, gathering his courage as the others stick behind, creeps forward toward the front door. Slowly he reaches his trembling hand toward the handle when…

Oliver: [throwing open the door] Whoa!!

Everyone screams. The stranger screams. And boys is he strange. A tall reedy fellow with thick black glasses, a mariachi shirt, kilt and an odd looking hat.

Oliver: What are you people doing?! Holy cheese, you made my thump box jump!
Sterling: Thump box?
Katherine: What are you doing?! This cabin’s abandoned!
Oliver: You don’t know that. Maybe I own this prime piece of real estate. I’ll put the hot tub there and the tennis court over there and…
Annabelle: [interrupting] Who are you?
Oliver: I could ask you the same! … I could, but I already know who you are. But do you know who I am? [to himself] Do they know who I am? Probably not. Do I know who they are? I’m pretty sure. But do I know who I am? Ohhh, that’s a philosophical conundrum.
Franklin: Wait, you know who we are?
Oliver: [smiling] Sure. You’re Franklin Seward, humble school teacher. Katherine Seward, humble veterinarian. And Annabelle Seward, humble… uh, girl.
Katherine: [shocked] How do you know our names?!
Oliver: I know all kinds of things about your family. That’s because I… [seeing Ananda] Oh my god, you’re Ananda Johar! [he rushes over and furiously shakes her hand] This is such an honor, Miss Johar. I am a huge fan! I loved it when you used to host America’s Got Fundamental Motor Skills! My name is Oliver Xiong.
Ananda: [humoring him] It’s uh, nice to meet you.
Oliver: [spotting Sterling] And you’re that spooky guy from that ghosty show! Steven Weber!
Sterling: [offended] Sterling Weber. Steven Weber was an actor on Wings.
Oliver: Hey, tell me my future.
Sterling: [through gritted teeth] I’m a medium, not a psychic!
Franklin: [agitated] How do you know about my family?!
Oliver: Huh? Oh. [cheerfully] I’ve been tracking you guys for a few months now. I’ve been meaning to introduce myself, but I just got into town yesterday. And then I thought it would be rude to show up empty handed, so I was going to buy a cheesecake or maybe some danishes. Raspberry danishes are my favorite. Oh my god, they’re so…
Katherine: [about to snap] Why have you been tracking us?!
Oliver: Why? Cause of the Tarcurians.
Annabelle: Who?
Oliver: They’re these little blue guys with big boogly eyes and…
Franklin: [grabbing Oliver by the collar] What do you know about them?! Tell us!
Oliver: Hey, hands off the threads, Fred. What’s the deal?
Franklin: Those monsters attacked my family tonight! They took my children and my mother-in-law!
Oliver: Really? Already? Gee, maybe I shoulda just skipped the danishes. --- Wait, they contacted you guys tonight?! Aw buckets, that means they’re still in the area. Hold on.

Oliver races back into the cabin. Franklin and the others are left standing, almost speechless. The Seward family already thought their life a bit weird, but tonight has fully plunged them into the churning abyss of the unknown. Oliver returns with another strange hat in hand. Without a word, he approaches Annabelle and places it on her head.

Annabelle: What the heck?!
Oliver: Keep it on. It’ll make it harder for them to find you.
Annabelle: But why me?
Oliver: Cause it’s you they’re after, girlfriend. [snaps]
Sterling: I knew it.
Katherine: But why?!
Oliver: I’ll tell ya, but right now we need to get out of the woods. They’ll be looking for all of us.
Franklin: We can’t leave yet. We have to go find my son and daughter.
Oliver: No use. If they’ve been taken, they’re not down here. [pointing toward the sky] They’re up there, in the mothership. But don’t worry, the Tarcurians won’t hurt them.
Ananda: How do you know?
Oliver: I know lots of things, some of which are totally applicable to our situation. But like I said, we need to get out of the woods. I have a vehicle in town. If we can get to it, we should be okay.
Franklin: There’s a road south of here. If we can…
Oliver: Oh no, we have to stay off the roads. We’d be easy pickin’s. Like shooting monkeys in a barrel. Or is that ducks in a barrel? Why would monkey be in a barrel? For that matter, why would ducks? Hmmm…
Katherine: Then what do you propose we do?
Oliver: [shrugs his shoulders] I dunno.
Annabelle: [a sudden thought pops into her head] Dad, your school!
Franklin: That’s right! The elementary school sits adjacent to the forest, just past the ranger’s station. If we can make it there, I can get us inside!

Just then, a bright light from overhead illuminates the tree canopy nearby.

Oliver: Time to vamoose, my friends!
Ananda: [on the walkie talkie] Everyone who can hear me, meet us at the bottom of the forest, behind the elementary school! We’re getting out of here!

Day Four ResultsX

4th Grade Classroom
If Billy has three apples, and Cindy has four... what happens to those apples after they're abducted? Maybe you can ask 'em.
(End of Investigation - See F.A.Q.)

Art Room
If someone were to ask, "Would you ever want to be a child again?", your answer would be a definite no. But seeing all the cute paintings and cool projects these kids are doing, it gives you a wistful pang of nostalgia. Reminds you of the time when you made a pair of papier-mache fairy wings in school. You loved those wings and were so proud of them in bygone days.
(Floral Sugarplum Fairy Wings)

Computer Lab
Computer labs sure have changed since you were a young. Your computers were mammoth monstrosities with monochromatic screens. Not the sleek and stylish pieces of technology kids have nowadays. But the younger generation takes its electronic devices for granted. For you and your friends, they were special. Controlling a little man made up of several pixels and having him pick up coins made up of even less might not seem so great in the modern age, but to you it was magic.
(+900g )

Girls Restroom
In the girls restroom, you witness a sight you thought you'd never see... Four perfectly shaped orbs of light, drifting out from under the stalls. Why are they here?

Kindergarten
In the kindergarten are some curious articles of clothing. On closer inspection, they reveal themselves to be sheep costumes. Seems like the wee tykes in this classroom are planning to put on a production of 'Little Bo Peep'. A children's play would normally sound like the height of torture, but at the moment you would give anything to trade that situation for this one.
(Year of the Warm Fuzzies)

Kitchen
Wouldn't you know it? In an effort to find the quietest hiding spot, you end up in the school kitchen, where every metallic surface makes a clanging or booming noise. You try to lay low, but then spot the refrigerator. Peeking inside, you come face to face with a rather tasty looking pie. Oh boy! Suddenly, a fellow investigator backs up into a row of pots, creating a deafening din, and causing you to throw up your pie in fright and onto your head.
(Shut Your Piehole)

Storage
The smell of old books and furniture abound in the storage room. It's a very distinct smell that every school seems to have. Nosing through some of the boxes, you do a double take. Money! Lots of it! But no, it's only play money, to help kids learn how to make change and what not. But it seems so real.
(+800g )

Teachers Lounge
Huddled in the teachers lounge, you can't seem to shake the feeling that you're stuck in some bad dream. But intellectually, you understand the stark reality. You go over all the upcoming plans you had in mind. Going back to the hotel and drinking a root beer float. Having dinner tomorrow with Becky and her cousin, Wilma. Driving up to Santa Mira next week to help your old mentor Dr. Bennell with his greenhouse. -- You know now none of that will happen. Life will never be the same.
(+1 Raffle Point)

Where is everybody?X

--4th Grade Classroom
Angel Spirit Girl - >_>
Damia Flagg - >_>
Divacita - >_>
Elirona - >_>
Hadsvich - >_>
Roxxxy - >_>
Velvet - >_>

--Art Room
blueblackrose - <_<
Car'a'Carn - <_<
Cardinal Biggles - <_<
Chexala - <_<
DivineHeart - <_<
hummy - <_<
Kay - <_<
Maha-Aamir - <_<
musasgal - <_<
Naisou - <_<
Nephila - <_<
Razak - <_<
Rochiel Silverfire - <_<
sadrain - <_<
spicedroses - <_<
SuperZombiePotatoe - <_<
wish - <_<
Woodlandnymph - <_<
Xogizmoox - <_<

--Computer Lab
Arinia Dreamdancer - >_>
dragoness129 - >_>
Dystopia - >_>
KatMagenta - >_>
LaVida - >_>
Midian - >_>
Nema - >_>
salvete - >_>
woohoohelloppl - >_>
Xo~GREMLIN~oX - >_>

--Girls Bathroom
GummyBearKisses - <_<
HIM_ROCK - <_<
shinigamikarasu - <_<

--Kindergarten
GwenaHikari - >_>
Mageling - >_>
Q U E E N - >_>
xoxoAngiexoxo - >_>

--Kitchen
star200shadow - <_<

--Storage
Kamikaze Kenra - >_>

--Teachers Lounge
Kent - <_<
Mimmu - <_<
Miscreant74 - <_<
numerica - <_<

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 11-04-2015 at 03:20 AM..