View Single Post
numerica
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-25-2015, 12:32 PM

Leonard frowned. There it was, the question he’d feared. He could not appear during the day, as no matter how hard he tried to will himself solid, the sun’s rays went right through him, casting no shadow, and making him translucent as the ghost he was.

“No, Miss Bronte you will not. As I said, I am a night owl, and I go to bed with the dawn. I spend most of the afternoon dealing with the business of the estate, and my own personal research. I usually come down around dusk, however, and I spend the hours between dusk and nine at night with my daughter. I anticipated that she would show me what she had learned at that time. Further, it has been our habit to have breakfast together in the hour before dawn.”

Leonard watched Miss Bronte carefully for her reaction. He could not have anyone suspect that he was anything other then alive and breathing. Even Mrs. Browne was not fully aware of what was going on. If anyone found him out, Leanna's care would go to his cousin, his only living relative, a wastrel and degenerate. He would not have Leanna exposed to that.