View Single Post
Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-16-2015, 02:21 AM

SAVORY

From snacks to soups & salads to hearty main dishes,
things to eat that aren't overly sweet belong here. :)

ENTRY FORM
[COLOR="skyBlue"][B][SIZE="5"]I have a savory dish to share![/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
[paste or link IMG here]
[B]Comments[/B]: [optional]

EntriesX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Corrin View Post
I have a savory dish to share!
http://i.imgur.com/Ov23MXa.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/PdgQb8P.jpg
Comments: Maple Bourbon Glazed Spiral Ham - glaze is made from a variety of spices but the main contents are Vermont Maple Syrup and Kentucky Bourbon. :)

---------- Post added 12-27-2015 at 12:06 AM ----------

http://i.imgur.com/nMUiiUV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1IdjESL.jpg
Comments: Bacon Lattice Turkey with Stuffing and Applewood Smoked Bacon. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LONGCAT~ View Post
Click on thumbnail for full view
Comments: Shrimp Alfredo on ravioli with homemade cran-razz lemonade
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyButton View Post

proof pic

Comments: Black-eyed peas! I think I make them pretty much the standard way (ham, onion, celery, lil carrot) but add fresh jalapeno, tons of garlic and cook them in bacon grease & chicken stock. Serve with sour cream, sliced green onion and more bacon! ;D Make these every NYE to eat for luck/yums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by For-Chan Cookie View Post

Comments: Colder weather means you crave nice warm comforting foods right? I decided to combine some things that I liked to make something really yummy. What are those things? Macaroni and cheese and Broccoli and Cheddar Soup! So here's my Broccoli Mac and Cheese Soup! It's hard to tell in this picture, but I put little baby shell macaronis in it. All the pictures of this soup turned out kinda blurry, but the soup was warming to the tummy and yum yummy! :D
Bonus shots: My broccoli and carrots cooking. I just like the color contrast! A better look at the shells. The whole giant pot of soup!

Comments: Holiday season seems to be dip season. Gotta have dip for your chips at parties right? I had a hankering for Spinach and Artichoke dip, and as I was looking at this giant pot of dip that I'd created, I decided to use some of it for a slightly different use, Chicken Spinach and Artichoke Pasta! OMG! It worked out amazingly. So cheesy and yummy. New favorite recipe! Though next time I'll definitely make sure the artichoke leaves are trimmed better. I got a few spines. =/
Bonus shots: Giant pot of spinach and artichoke dip. Big pot of yummy pasta. :D

Aaaaand, that's it for now. Unless I pop off to concoct drinks, but I'm feeling a bit lazy, so maybe not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwenaHikari View Post

[Rice puddingRice pudding-img 2]
Comments: [Rice pudding a savory type pudding made from rice]

[Swedish meatballs]
Comments: [A staple on Christmas eve at our house, excellent dinner or snack, taste great cold or warm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnea View Post
i finally remembered to get a picture of my sketti!

Click on thumbnail for full view
Comments: spaghetti! angel hair noodles, ground beef with a special mix of sauces and vegetables i'll give you a little tidbit though, a can of tomato paste in the sauce makes it stick to the noddles real good like that. yay for mama's secret sauces!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Biggles View Post

Comments: Shaved brussel sprouts and chestnut salad that I made last night. It has some delish seasonal ingredients like roasted chestnuts, but all together it had this light, bright taste suitable for yesterday's festive tone. I was really pleased, as it was the first time I made it. Contains: home roasted chestnuts, cameo apples, brussel sprouts, gruyere cheese, and a honey-dijon-shallot-sherry vinegar-olive oil vinaigrette.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xogizmoox View Post
I have a savory dish to share![paste or link IMG here]Comments: Gizzie makes her own salsa ALL DIFFERENT FLAVORS TOO from mild to burn your nose hairs hot I make pineapple mango , cherry salsa, plain, pico salsa, etc. Because store bought is missing LOVE ^.^

I have a savory dish to share![paste or link IMG here]Comments: Cheesy bacon tatters ... potatoes are cut into chip size slices add THREE cheeses , bacon shredded, and other yummy goodness bake in oven yummy goodness ^.^

Last edited by Nephila; 01-01-2016 at 11:17 PM..