View Single Post
Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-09-2016, 11:22 PM

Recipe: No-Bake Patriotic Cheesecake

This No-Bake Patriotic Cheesecake recipe comes from POPSUGAR Food's Eat the Trend video series! At first, I expected that it would just be a regular cheesecake with some decorations on top, similar to what I expected from Rosanna Pansino's Fourth of July version of the cheesecake, but was pleasantly surprised to see some creative twists in their recipe! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM6Cw8QF3d4 First, it was really creative how they used Special K Red Berries cereal for the crust, like whaaaat I didn't expect them to make their own crust out of cereal! But you can really just add some butter and salt to crushed cereal to make a real pie crust! Wowzers! And they also made their own filling, which has some lemon zest in it. And to finish off, the cheesecake is decorated with sliced strawberries to give a pop of red color, blueberries to add some blue hues, and dipped strawberries in patriotic red, white, and blue melted candy melts, topped with sprinkles! I love how fancy it turns out, yet it is so simple to make!