View Single Post
StarrySkylark
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-06-2016, 06:17 AM

Hello, everyone!! It's been some time, hasn't it? The last several months have been, to sum it up in a word: chaotic. Now, to explain, I'll have to start at the beginning of the story:

It all began in November of last year. My girlfriend and I lived in a very quaint one-bedroom apartment. It was exactly what we wanted, and the six or so months we lived there were bliss. Everything was running efficiently and without toil: we payed rent, nobody bothered us. And then, that November, a little before Thanksgiving - it began. My girlfriend was just leaving for work, in a bit of a hurry. Just as she was walking out the front door, however, she stopped, and made a sound I'd heard from her many times before: a low humming sound, that indicates she's surprised or confused. Curious, I get up from my desk, and go to investigate. What do I find? Heaps - and I do mean heaps - of black garbage bags, blocking our doorway and the entire walkway in front of our door. The only culprit could be the new neighbors, that had only just moved in a week ago. No one else had ever given us any trouble - it had to be them. So, I told my girlfriend to go on to work, and I'd issue a report with the complex's front desk. The lady working the desk assures me it will be taken care of, I return to my work, appeased. Next morning arrives, girlfriend goes to leave, and again, there is trash bags blocking our door. The same ones from the day before. Again, I issue a report, and again, I am assured it will be taken care of. A week passes, and we've had to move them all to the side ourselves, and no progress is made. Finally, my girlfriend gets fed up, and takes it up with the neighbors directly. I attempt to calm her, (she has a very bad temper!) lest it gets uglier than it needs too. Alas, my efforts were in vain. Who comes to the door, after my girlfriends raucous knocking and banging, but perhaps the dirtiest man I have ever seen in my life. I try to avoid arguing others, but the blood feud that ensued following this encounter was something very much out of my hands. And, after a rather, erm... ugly series of events, we moved.

Yes, I was sad to leave our little apartment, but I didn't want to stay if it meant my girlfriend would be unhappy. So, we are now residing in a very quaint one-bedroom cottage style home, just a few miles from my girlfriend's parents. The Landlord is her Great Uncle. He is an exceptionally... eccentric man, but not overall a very bad guy. He's much easier to deal with, at least, than the Garbage Bag Man. And now, after months of trying to sort out countless skirmishes, searching for a new place to live, and the messy process of moving, I have returned. We aren't quite settled in the new place, but it's actually quite comfortable.

footnote: I'm convinced the new place is haunted.