View Single Post
Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-22-2016, 02:20 AM

Sculptures

To sculpt is to ["create or represent (something) by carving, casting, or other shaping techniques".]

The sculpture category is for any craft that can be built or crafted into a... well, you guessed it, a sculpture described by the definition above. Many things fit into this category. Some fun ideas could be snowmen or anything else sculpted with snow, or if you don't have snow sculpt a sand castle. Use a more traditional medium like clay, you could use mud, edibles, paper mache, knit or crochet a plushie, I dunno, there are so many possibilities. If you can sculpt it, I'll probably accept it.

There is a theme though, it has to be either holiday or event related, so keep that in mind!

ENTRY FORM
Quote:
[COLOR="cyan"][B][SIZE="5"]LOOK! I SCULPTED THIS![/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
[B]User name:[/B]
[B]Image:[/B]
[B]Where you recruited? If yes, who?:[/B]
Entries:

Quote:
LOOK! I SCULPTED THIS!
User name:Shadami
Image:
Where you recruited? If yes, who?: Nope

I made this as a christmas present, I think that's holiday enough :3
Quote:
LOOK! I SCULPTED THIS!
User name:Eastriel
Image:
Where you recruited? If yes, who?: myself!

I made these little charms for my mum for christmas. All of them are hand sculpted from polymer clay and are about the size of a quarter.

LOOK! I SCULPTED THIS!
User name: eastriel
Image:
Where you recruited? If yes, who?: myself

I made these soaps using a mould. I formed them in layers and inset rosemary from the garden as well as cranberrys. It is scented with orange.

As they were made last month for christmas presents when I took a picture I didn't know this contest would be held so please accept this second picture as proof, sadly the soap has been used by this point, so please remember it as it was!

Proof:
Quote:
LOOK! I SCULPTED THIS!
User name: XoGIZMOoX
Image:

Creepy Clause was made from.... His body was a mixture of papermache and stuffing and cloth (Halloween eyeballs) and for his chimney I wrapped up a box in the white side of gift wrap and made construction paper red bricks

PROOF PHOTOS :
He was part of my patio decorations I did....

Quote:
LOOK! I SCULPTED THIS!
User name: Naisou
Image:

Where you recruited? If yes, who?:

Crocheted this GIANT Octopus for my grandmother, she might have meant it as a jest...but she got it lol. Finally just finished putting it all together....(for Christmas she saw it in pieces...) btw, it sees into your soul....
Quote:
LOOK! I SCULPTED THIS!
User name: R u b y
Image:

For size reference

His nose is crocheted and stuffed, and his body also has weight to him.
The blue underneath is just a mat for color matching and is not attached.
It is made out of Caron Simply Soft Party - White yarn, so it has sparkle to it just like snow.
The eyes are safety eyes (for shine)

Where you recruited? If yes, who?: No one other than myself.

Last edited by Linnea; 01-07-2017 at 03:44 PM..