View Single Post
SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 02-12-2017, 05:38 PM

Okay kitty love story coming up

So, throughout the course of 2015 I kept throwing not-so-subtle hints at my mum that a cat would be necessary for my survival. At the very end she gave in after my brother brought home the school hamster for the weekend and seeing how enthralled we were with the little fluff ball. Of to the SPCA we go, with every intention to buy a kitten. You know, raise it from young, have it longer, etc etc. We were also set on a little boy. Type didn't matter, as long as it was one of those stripey brown kittens. I dunno, they just never stood out to me. So the lady made us fill out forms and stuff and while doing that she started telling us about this adult female cat named Emily who was just lovely and had been there a while and looking for a home. Immediately put off, because I mean adult and female. But, we agreed to have a look at Emily. I have many soft spots. So there we were standing in front of this little glass door staring at this big, stripey, brown coloured cat, all curled up and snoozing. Another turn off. Stripey brown. Meh. But, the lady seemed pretty insistent on personally introducing us to Emily. She brought the little fluff ball out. Emily yawned at having been untimely woken. She seemed a pretty chilled kitty. In fact, she seemed actually quite a pretty kitty too. The lady then asked my brother if he'd like to hold Emily, to which he declined, but I heartily agreed. Come one, someone gives you the chance to hold cat, why would you say no? So Emily was placed in my in my arms and she was impossibly soft and squishy. And then she sleepily looked up at me. straight in the face. And that, ladies and gentlepeoples, was the moment I fell in love. The facts that she was a stripey brown coloured, adult female cat all fell out the window and I begged for Emily, even when the lady continued to tell us (when prompted by my mum) about a few white kittens she had at home who were also up for adoption. Nope, I was sold and Emily was being signed out (I dunno the proper term) for us. Turns out, though, that she wasn't Emily at all! HE was 1 year old Simon who had been confused with Emily. They had the same colouring, only Simon (who we now call Gus) has white paws. He's a whitewalker XD
Anyway, it all worked out. Gus turned 2 on 31 January and has been with us for a year now. He's a really weird cat. Like really weird. But, he's the best and I love my stupid baby. So yeah, that's my story =3