View Single Post
Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-29-2017, 10:34 PM

May 29, 2017

It's been a busy year so far! On May 12th, my husband and I closed on our first house together!!! We are so excited that we are now homeowners of a beautiful home! It's only 2 years old. The inspectors told us we were basically getting a "brand new house" that someone happened to live in for 2 years. They said everything was perfect but suggested changing the mulch to rocks in order to prevent termites later. That was literally it! haha

School is out for the summer. The last day for students was May 24th and the last day for teachers was May 25th. I can say, with certainty, that this was the MOST exhausting school year of my career. I think it stems from the fact that we have 970 kids at my school (projected to have over 1000 next school year). I see ALL of them. And they constantly can't find subs for teachers so I'm constantly getting between 30-40 kids in my room at the same time. It's really frustrating and exhausting. I can see why they haven't been able to keep a music teacher at the school. It's just too much.

My sister-in-law got married this weekend. She had a beautiful weekend at a gorgeous hotel in Fort Lauderdale. I was a bridesmaid in her wedding and felt so special being included! :) She is a wonderful sister and I'm glad that I know her! Her parents (also my husband's parents) paid for our hotel room as our first anniversary gift. And her parents paid for my hair and makeup as my birthday present :D It was nice...because we don't have too much money to spare at the moment.

My birthday is this Wednesday...I'm going to be 28 and I just feel so damn OLD. When did birthdays stop being something I looked forward to?

And my first anniversary with my husband is June 2nd :) Going to have a good week!