Thread: Lotus Tears
View Single Post
Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-05-2017, 08:49 PM

Isamu considered the man before him for several long moments, the gods in this matter seemed to be silent. So it seemed it was up to Isamu to decide whether to act with kindness or with duty. Finally, he sighed, knowing as always that he leaned toward kindness, and it was exactly why the gods had lead him to find this man.

"I am not inclined to believe in luck," he responded, "The gods work through luck, but it is never truly that. They chose me to find you for they have witnessed my kindness in the past. I will harbor you in secret here for as long as I am able. But our temple is not large, and my parents are still young and fit. I will not be able to hide you forever. Or perhaps very long at all." He paused, "But I understand that you have come from a place that has given you little reason to trust my people. So I will try. However, my parents are kind as well, and if I vouch for you, they will not reveal you to those outside the temple either." He smiled as he said this, knowing it was a truth and it was part of why surrounding villagers still visited this temple, even when leaving home wasn't always safe. "However, if I am to hide you, may I at least know your name?"