Thread: Heat & Rust
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-08-2018, 05:03 AM

Carefully keeping his expression from showing anything, Erwan approached Hayden and Chance. Nodding to the Chance, he offered a brief smile in acknowledgement, then turned to Hayden. "Are you feeling better and more confident?" he murmured. Crouching down in front of the younger rider, he tried his best to soften his expression. This was why he asked Chance to talk to Hayden. It wasn't that Erwan didn't care. This collected appearance was just how he was. He worked too hard for it. "I'm sorry if I failed you as a leader in some way..." He trailed off, his voice faltering before he looked away. A second later, Erwan pulled to his feet, putting distance between him and Hayden again. Getting too close was dangerous.

"I appreciate all that you have shown us and spoken with us about, Chance. I believe we have made the first steps in regaining peace between our two sides." Eyes on Chance, Erwan offered only the faintest of smiles. He heard what Chance said to Hayden, and he supposed to him as well, but he chose not to acknowledge it. Like he chose not to acknowledge the possible scandal that those two might be creating. Erwan had his own choices to make regarding that. He shook his head. "However, I think it best we leave. The day is getting late and we will soon be missed. I believe...neither of us want the questions that will come with that..." Not hiding his humorless smile, Erwan offered Chance a hand to shake. "Until we meet again?"