View Single Post
Typically Untypical
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-23-2018, 05:25 AM

She had assumed they would be walking home, but a carriage would be much faster. It would also, however, attract unwanted attention. She hesitantly told the knight where her neighbor's house was, "I have to go get the rest of my family first anyway." This way they didn't know exactly where she lived but she would still be close enough to get home safely.

The neighbors would not be expecting her back until early in the morning, though it was no skin off her back if she irritated them. She wanted to see her brother and sister. Her brother would probably make snide comments about her coming home early but her sister adored her. Merida smiled at the thought. She wanted to be home. The night out on the town had been fun but she was ready to be home.

When she got to the house she thanked the knight, expecting and hoping they would leave now, but not waiting for that as she knocked on the door. It was rather late so it took a bit before the woman answered the door and looked Merida over. "I hope you didn't meet the king like that." She said rolling her eyes. "Let me go get your charges." Merida sighed and shook her head. That woman really was vile.

"Merida." The eleven-year-old called as she came running out, hugging her sister. It could be possible that this girl was Merida's daughter but there was no denying that the 14-year-old boy could not be Merida's son. The age gap was too small between the two of them. "Merida what was it like?"

"I'll tell you in the morning, but for now we should go home and go to bed, we have a lot to do tomorrow."