View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 03-09-2018, 02:02 AM

Daisy rolled out of bed after an hour or two... She walked to the bathroom to splash some cold water over her face, hoping that it would shock her system into being a little calmer. Her medication definitely helped, but it was still difficult to remain calm. Daisy sighed... Her first time meeting Tom Hiddleston... and she had a panic attack. How embarrassing! Daisy started to leave her room when-

"Hello, Miss!" Daisy jumped back, not knowing where the voice had come from. "Oh, dear, I'm sorry to have frightened you, Miss." It was a woman, older woman at that. She had long, silvery, thin hair that was neatly tied into a ponytail and her skin was spotted and wrinkly. Still, something about her was friendly and warm and the older woman reminded Daisy of her own grandmother who had passed away suddenly a few years ago. "I'm Claudia." She said, "I'll be your maid for this trip."

Daisy was awestruck and said nothing. She simply stared at Claudia with her mouth open. She tried to talk but the only noise that came from her mouth was a mixture of a moan and a groan. It sounded like, "Euuughhhh." Daisy knew this looked rude, but she had honestly wanted this day to end. She wasn't expecting some stranger to be walking around her suite when she wasn't aware. "Um." Daisy's mouth finally started to make the right shapes to form actual words, "I'm sorry... I'm just not used to strangers being in my private space."

"Quite alright, Miss." Claudia said, "I can leave if you want. You can also tell me not to enter without first telling you. I thought I would sneak in to see if you were awake, as a Mr. Hiddleston has been waiting outside of your suite door for about an hour now."

"WHAT?!" Daisy almost fell over in surprise. "Who...?!"

"A Mr. Tom Hiddleston, Miss...?" Claudia turned away from Daisy and started to make her way to the door. "He's most insistent on checking up on you. Should I let him come in?" Tom Hiddleston was at HER door?! What could he possibly want?! She knew that he was kind, but this was getting creepy. She felt flabbergasted. Why would he care?! What did he want?! Did he want anything? Why did she faint?!

"Please tell him to go away." Daisy told Claudia. She loved Tom Hiddleston and it embarrassed her more to turn him away, but the thought of him seeing her like this was unbearable. Daisy watched as Claudia went to the door with a sad face. It hurt Daisy's heart, she didn't want people to think that she was cruel, but she had to think about what was best for her own sanity. If that meant that she kept her distance as much as she could from, yes, even Tom Hiddleston, then she would...

Daisy went back to her room and flopped onto the bed. Closing her eyes. She thought about all that transpired that day and hoped that she'd be able to call her sister while on the ship to tell her all that's happened. But she was soon interrupted by Claudia once more,

"Miss?" Daisy could hear Claudia's voice through the door. "I tried to turn him away, but he wants to see you..." Daisy groaned. It appeared she had no choice. Daisy stood up from where she laid in her bed, opened the door to her room and walked with Claudia to the suite's door. When Daisy opened the door she was greeted by Tom's worried face,

"Miss Daisy, are you alright? I'm so sorry this happened. I just wanted to make sure that you were alright." Daisy feigned her best smile, but even Tom could tell she was far from happy.

"I'm doing much better now, thank you." She said. "I'm sorry if I worried you."

"It's no problem at all." Tom smiled, "I'd like to apologize for the fiasco today. Usually meeting people for the first time is supposed to be fun and joyous." He reached out a hand to take Daisy's and he shook it, "Miss Daisy, would you join me for a nice breakfast tomorrow on the deck? You can get a beautiful view of the ocean from there!"

Daisy really didn't want to go, but she was desperate to make him leave... "Sure." She blurted out. She really didn't want to be bothered, but he was so kind. So sweet, how could she say no? And after all, she had been wanting to meet him for such a long time now. She stared at her feet as she felt her face get hot with embarrassment again.

"Great. I'll be here to fetch you at 8:30am, then?"

"Okay." Daisy was sinking further into embarrassment.

"Great. Thank you so much, Miss Daisy. Please, take care of yourself." Tom placed a soft kiss on Daisy's hand before he smiled and turned on his heels to leave, leaving Daisy in a haze...

Mhmm was all she could say, but she was too late, as Tom had already disappeared down the hall.

"Would you like to be alone now, Miss?" Claudia asked. Daisy realized that she really didn't want to be alone, so she allowed Claudia to stay, even if she didn't speak to the older woman, she was scared and it was comforting to have someone be there with you when you were afraid and alone.