View Single Post
Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-22-2018, 07:17 AM

Jensen nodded and led the ginger back to his car, ginning with pride when Ian spotted the Impala. "I inherited it from a friend, well more like second father," Jensen said, feeling that familiar pang in his heart when he thought or talked about Jeb. It might make him a horrible person but he missed Jeb more than he ever did his parents. Or perhaps it was that he loved and clung to Jeb even more because he knew how fleeting life could be. "He taught me how to fix it and upkeep it. Gotta keep this beauty running and purring."

Jensen couldn't help the grin when he turned the key over and heard the engine rumble to life. It was a beautiful car and his one pride and joy. Plus, as long as he had it, he felt like he still had a piece of Jeb with him. He gunned the engine and pulled away from the bar, tires spitting up gravel. It wasn't hard to follow Ian's directions to the cottage and the straight road gave him a chance to check out his companion some. He took in the tattoos and the stretched earlobes, cataloging them away in his brain. He couldn't explain why he was so attracted to the ginger next to him; perhaps a feral thing. But none the less, Ian got to him in ways that no other human had, even had Jensen thinking of things he hadn't thought of since loosing Jeb. Things like a family and a home and what it would be like having those; not bouncing around from motel to motel to short term rental.