View Single Post
ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 09-10-2023, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiki Nova View Post
A really good page to screen adaptation that I've really been loving has been Heartstopper on Netflix. It sticks so closely to the source material that some of the scenes in the show are literally panel-for-panel from the graphic novels. I binge watched the show when season 2 came out last month and then immediately needed to read the graphic novels. I know this is a book thread, but Alice Oseman who wrote the Heartstopper series is also the writer of the screenplays for the Netflix show so it's very very good. Highly recommend both the graphic novels and the tv show you haven't read/seen either.

I listen to audiobooks on 2X speed any my best friend hates me for it. She'll get into the car when I'm listening and her brain short circuits haha!
yessss i love Heartstopper!! i didn't realize Oseman was also the screenwriter, that definitely makes a difference.

a page to screen adaption i really like where the original author is also the screenwriter is Perks of Being a Wallflower. some dialogue pulled directly from the book, and the essence of the characters really comes across. also KILLER soundtrack.