View Single Post
Nova_Alchemist
^~^
Send a message via MSN to Nova_Alchemist Send a message via Yahoo to Nova_Alchemist

Old 03-29-2024, 07:31 PM

Solias could feel something, the moment Cecilia drew her orb weapon and seemed to study it until she put it away. Something almost ominous and nothing like what the barrier of the land put off, or the magic within the river that Solias, and very few others often felt. What was the cause of it, and where was it coming from?

He was pulled from thoughts by a whisper in the wind that briefly passed his ears, before Cecilia spoke, and the brief passing of a friendly pressence. A warning. Solias glanced at Cecilia when she spoke and shook his head. "I understand, Lady Cecilia. Recieved a branding before making my decent." He spoke, referring to her as such because of the respect he held for her despite being higher rank than she. He held his wrist to show her the second and newer 'brandings' on the bottom side of his wrist, a small symbol to indicate a bond between his task and the inner-circle. Only the different commanders of the guardians and those of the inner-circle knew what such branding meant and the consequences if said bond was broken.

"Lady Cecilia, I have to ask you to let me take a look at your memory orb." Solias said calmly, despite the slight urgency in his tone. "If it far too coincidental that we are both here, for what seems like opposing reasons, and I'm not one to believe in coincidence." He said softly. If they were being pitted against each other with the hopes of the higher-ups thinking Cecilia would strike him.. or something greater.

- ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ -

Jason watched Silas from the corner of his eyes as the girls went back and forth in mild confrontation. Lea was afraid of Lady Nerva punishing them for tainting the purity the angel child, and Rei seemed to think she had the wrong idea about her entirely. He couldn't wrap his head about what was so bad about the idea, if they were doing it to save an innocent being. If her Ladyship had a heart.. his thoughts stilled when Mars stepped in and pulled the two girls in a hug and gave Jason a look that reminded him that they had extra support, and couldn't help the relieved smirk.

Lea and Rei paused in their ramblings and both seemed to take a breath. Rei lightly pulled her hand back and glanced at Seamus and Gwen apologetically for momentarily losing herself to her worries, and Lea hugged her big sister Mars while she collected herself.

Rei took a second calming breath and flicked her gaze between Seamus, her twin sister, and Silas. "I am willing to take that chance, for him. It is our duty to both protect this land and it's magic, as well as those the river choses to spare." She said softly, slowly holding her hands out to her sister and Silas. "Gwen, I need you to help me guide the energies." She said softly in a 'I can't do this without you' way.

Jason stepped forward. "You can use my energy too, to help, in place of Lea." He said, since he was the most adamant about this aside from Silas. Lea's lip quivered slightly at Jason's reassuring smile, understanding he didnt know why that thought terrified her more than the thought of Nerva punishing them. "It'll be okay." He said confidently.

Rei nodded lightly and offered them a small smile. "Silas, place your hand over Arael's hand or anything you can touch. Jason, place your hand over Silas's hand and give me your other hand, and I'll both have your hand and my sister's while touching Arael." She explained as simply as she could. "We don't have long." She said softly.