Thread: Star Wars
View Single Post
Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Alegretto Send a message via MSN to Alegretto

Old 04-06-2007, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthier
I'm sort of that way too. I spend my money on the good ones that I like, but I follow the toy collecting hobby very closely.

I was never a big fan of Thrawn, or rather Mitth'raw'nuruodo, as he is now properly refered to. The idea of Grand Admirals doesn't make sense to me, since why would there possibly be a rank higher than Grand Moff if a Grand Moff is the one running the death star. The events of the movies seem a little too important for Grand Admirals to just not appear at all. Also, everyone knows the Empire is meant to be Nazis. They are racist against aliens, and also sexist against women, though that doesn't effect this directly, it's important to point out. There are no aliens in the Empire, or else we'd see them. And George Lucas has called them Nazis himself enough that it's a canon fact. So the idea of a Grand Admiral, let alone an alien one... it just doesn't add up. I'm sorry, I know a lot of people like this character, but his entire existence is one of the reasons I hate the EU so much. I enjoy some EU, the stuff that isn't contradicted by the movies so easily, but some of it, like those books deemed Travissties (:P) are just too much for me to handle.
Mm-hmm, you're right on most points. It's been stated over and over again that the Emperor was xenophobic, but Thrawn was apparently good enough at his job to make the emperor overlook that point. And so far as I know he's the only exception to the No-alien rule.

I just love the Chiss in general, though.