View Single Post
Temmon
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 04-07-2007, 01:03 AM

Drabble Number: 24
Theme: strings
Characters: Berna and Arnie
Notes: None

"God dammit," Berna snapped. "Don't you think that you could possibly leave me alone for once?"

"But sweetie, you know that I love you, don't you?" that was her asshole ex-boyfriend, Arlie.

"I broke up with you for a fucking reason. Now get out of my face!"

Berna was walking quickly along a sidewalk in the campus of their college, Arlie following her like a lost puppy. He was her ex. She didn't want to see him anymore. He couldn't stand to let her out of his life.

"Please sweety, give me another chance. For old time's sake?"

"I don't want you anymore. Would you please understand that already?" A note of desperation had begun to enter Berna's voice as well as Arnie's. Being around Arnie brought back unpleasant memories of their time together. His wanting to know her every move, not allowing her to hang out with her friends without him, not allowing her to do anything without him. Eventually, she would lie to him to get a few minutes of blessed free time. That and he would plan out their every day, allowing her no dissension from his ideas.

Berna had finally made it back to her room.

"Would you just tell me what I can do, what I can change, to get back with you?" Arnie made his final plea while Berna stabbed at the door with her keys, trying to get the key into the small slot.

"You don't own me. I'm not a puppet to be dancing on your strings, doing what you want me to do. I can't live with someone like you." The door slammed shut behind her, and she hurriedly locked the door, leaving Arnie on the outside.