View Single Post
Tsubasa Rose
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-13-2008, 09:17 PM

Story 1: (Mostly just a development of a character):
Nervously I counted my breaths. I couldn’t show how scared I was, as daughter of Ashta I couldn’t disappoint. My yili brother tottered over to me, smiling and drooling I patted his fat head. My yili brother was lucky, not the eldest boy nor the eldest child he will not be held to our standards. My first yili brother Zonen cam to stand by me also, as a boy he was allowed to join the hunt before me, even I though I had more years. Mil Ashata said that I was to learn other trades, as eldest child as well as eldest woman child I had many responsibilities. Learning women’s trades meant nothing Mil mother taught me as best she could, but I knew that I was a hunter. Never would I need to know such worthless tasks as washing garments and needling thread.

Yili brother Simonea, gurgled happily at my leg trying to tug reach upward for blades in my robes. Troublesome child was always trying to find my blades, being a women I wore an upper robe along with my hunting sashes. The men of the hunting party need not wear such a useless thing, the chests were all slick with the oils taken by old lady Mera, “taken from the gods kingdom where we hunt,” she told us, “will grant us luck to live for the god’s spirit.” As my first hunt, I was not permitted to wear the oil, not having had slain a god’s servant myself. The other women of the hunt wore breast bands tightened with animal skin, but Mil mother had yet to make me one, she said I don’t have anything to fill it out, therefore as a girl-child hunter I was left to wearing my robes. First yili brother Zonen placed his hand in mine, although of less years he was gifted with a good height for a young male child, certainly better than my short for older girl child stance.