View Single Post
Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-08-2007, 03:34 PM

A Tale of Two Cities is my favorite classic of all times. Yeah, there were some dry moments, but I found the story absolutely beautiful! I also enjoyed Jane Eyre - thought that one was very well written. And recently read Wuthering Heights as well. I didn't like that one as much as Jane Eyre, but there were some moments in there that I was actually glued to the book. Jane Austen's writing is alright - it's not been as gripping as some other authors, though. And I think that's what I like in a classic - something that's going to really grip me. Victor Hugo's Les Miserables and Hunchback of Notre Dame were both amazing stories, but I toiled through Toilers of the Sea.

I have a list in my LJ of tons of classics, that I'm trying to cross off as I read them. It's going to take me a lifetime, but I do try to balance my contemporary reading by getting a classic at least once or twice a month. I do have War and Peace sitting on my bookshelf, wanting me to read it, but I've always been so intimidated by its size!