View Single Post
Clorissa
I'm a little teapot short and stout..
Send a message via AIM to Clorissa Send a message via MSN to Clorissa

Old 03-19-2008, 06:20 PM

Her Majesty, Queen Erondra, sat stiffly and uncomfortably beside King Johnathan the third. She had never really felt comfortable in a horse-drawn carriage, especially at this speed. She much preferred walking to this. Too keep her mind slightly off the fact that they were thundering down the path, carried by four horses running at breakneck speed, she looked to the elf guiding the equestrian mammals. He was a handsome young man, but her husband, King Jonathan was so much better looking. He was renowned in their kingdom as the 'handsomest of them all.' All of the maidens wanted him as their own. Erondra detested jealousy, although, since she wasn't the most attractive of women, she was guilty of it herself at times.

'Oh, I will miss him..' Thought the Queen as she turned her head to her son, looking him over. She loved him so much, and didn't really want to send him away. He was a slight danger to the kingdom with his violent, rogue-like acts, but that didn't mean he needed to go.

Sending Dante to live among the elves with Princess Rokena would strengthen the bond between the humans and the elves greatly. Their alliance had been wearing thing lately, due to how barbaric some of the human armies had been. The elves greatly disapproved of violence unless it was completely unavoidable.

Erondra opened her mouth to speak, but the words seemed to be caught in her throat. After a moment, she managed to force out, "Son.. I will miss you greatly. I'm almost sorry that I have to send you to the Elven lands." She bowed her head, a tear coming to her eye. The growing darkness threw many things into shadow, along with Erondra's face. The tear was invisible as it slid down her nose and then landed in her lap.