Thread: Stasis
View Single Post
Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-31-2008, 10:42 PM

Stasis – chapter 8

While the Fentons were heading toward the location of the next ghost on their radar, House and the other three doctors finally came out of their hiding spot behind the reception desk.

“House,” Chase said, “mind telling us why you were looking for that specific ghost? Is he connected to the case?” He asked, and all three doctors turned toward House for an explanation.

“While you guys were busy being useless, I’ve been looking into the latest news from Amity Park. The ghost I was looking for just happens to be one of the few ‘good’ ghosts out there. According to the report, he fights off all the other ghosts in the city when they attack. If anyone can answer my questions, he can,” House said.

“What happened to ‘everybody lies’?” Foreman asked, not really expecting an answer from his boss.

‘And exactly what questions were you going to ask this ghost?” Chase asked.

“Questions like why won’t you shut up,” House said, “or maybe what makes ghosts go to Amity Park in the first place? What makes it so different?” House mused, switching into his thinking mode. “And he has no reason to lie. He’s dead. Telling the truth wouldn’t have any consequences.”

“You think the reason Amity Park is haunted might have something to do with why Danny is sick?” Cameron asked.

“Yup. That, and to satisfy my own curiosity,” House responded. “I’m just going on a hunch.”

“You don’t have hunches,” Chase stated. “You’re House. You know things.”

“One thing I don’t know is why there’s a kid up there who’s slowly loosing motor function for no viable reason. He’s still sick for crying out loud! Most patients’ immune systems only attack healthy cells after the disease is taken care of.” House snapped.