View Single Post
Paprika
Rika Crab

Old 04-19-2008, 05:27 PM

Say Cheese!

Username(s): Paprika
Title of Image:
Entry: [Nyarf!]

I'm not sure if this would count, but it doesnt hurt to try now does it? If it doesnt you have a guideline to show people what cant be entered XD

Now i know this isnt an amazing scenic nature picture, but i would like to explain. This is my old house, and i took this picture for a project when i was in highschool to show that sometimes we can live with nature without having to live in a mudhut. Anyways, this is the house i used to live in. When we got it we never cut down a single tree removed a bush or anything, the only "humanized" part aside from there being a big house there is the small patch of mowed lawn. There were trees, flowers, bushes all around the house as well as 32 acres of forest that was part of the property that we refused to sell to developers. There is even a stone quarry back in the woods that sometimes people would approach my family to try to get at but we said no, its since been grown over and we just wanted it to be let alone. We had a huge garden in the backyard, with of course more trees bushes and everything XD Sometimes it was a pain because the field-ish area near the house was a prime area for ticks but we never mowed it out. Anyways this house is sort of my personal stand against people that feel the need to absolutely strip out all trees and any bits of wild nature around where they live, it shows you can still have some modern comforts without harming nature TOO much (admittedly i know this isnt super nature friendly...to have a big house with people there XD )

But yea, thats my entry, or at least an attempt at one. <3 thanks for reading