View Single Post
Marmee Noir
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-01-2008, 12:28 PM

The silence had grown so much that Vivica began to feel nervous, watching her chief pacing over and over again. "Sir, is there something wrong?" Her voice was quiet, unsure, in the silence. Jacobs stopped his pacing and glanced at her before looking out of the window. He sighed, his heavy shoulders drooping with the whoosh of breath that left his big chest. "I hear you went to the medical quarter yesterday. What for?" She gave a small frown, but answered just the same. "I was requested by one of the doctors, she needed some information."

Jacobs turned to face her, blocking out most of the window with his wide frame. His dark features fell into a frown as he looked down at the small woman. "Infromation about what?" His rumbling voice asked. Giving a small shrug she answered. "About the virus going around. The one I wasn't informed about." She let a little anger show on her face then, knowing in that moment that he knew. His face softened, looking a little defeated. "I thought as much. Listen Payne this is something I have no control over, just know that I wanted a press release to go out the minute that you and your unit came back from that mission. I knew this would all go to Hell."

Her face had settled into tight angry lines as she listened, it wasn't him she was angry at just the situation. "Then why didn't it happen Sir? Why didn't the government or the council make that statement? Lives could have been saved!" She exclaimed, taking in a deep breath to calm herself. The Chief nodded, sitting down in his chair and tangling his fingers together. "I'm not quite sure about that yet, but I'm certainly planning on finding out." She grew eager then and stepped up to the desk, putting her hands down on it. "When? I want to be there when you find out." Jacobs chuckled and shook his clean shaven head. "No way Payne, you'll just cause trouble." He cut her off as she began to reply. "But, I will want you to help out soon enough. This thing is going to blow up in our faces, and no doubt it'll be the Military that will have to clean it up. I want you and your best team to be our go-to gang." Vivica stood up straight again and gave a nod. "Yes sir."

"Good." He gave her a small smile which was soon chased away by the gentle traces of worry. "I heard you also had some tests done. What was the verdict?" Panic riddled her veins as she fought to control her face, eventually winning the battle. "I don't know Sir, I won't have the results for a few days." He nodded, that answer seeming to please him. "Well I hope they're clean 45223, you're a good soldier. You're dismissed." She nodded and gave a salute, leaving his office as soon as he returned it.

She walked as quickly as she could out of his chambers, her heart beating frantically. As soon as she was out and into the recreational gardens she let out a big breath, her chest aching from worry. She sat down on one of the benches and watched the water feature infront of her, wondering what was going to happen. Frowning gently she rubbed her chest, feeling the ache still there. Stress really was a killer.

((Gah! Long post. I thought I'd get the whole Chief bit out of the way in one, otherwise I'll be RPing with myself for ages XD))