View Single Post
meilin
pumpkin phantom

Old 08-02-2008, 06:07 AM

Not good. So very not good, Besnik thought as he raced down the street. Rain poured down around him, and his clothes had become damp within moments of stepping out of his house. His father had left early for work that day and hadn't woken him up before leaving. By some unfortunately twist of luck, his alarm clock had failed to go off, making Besnik later than usual. He had missed the bus, and with no other means of transportation, he was forced to run all the way to school.

By the time he reached school, Besnik was out of breath and hoping to at least make it to his second period before the tardy bell rang. He knew his father wouldn't be happy that he missed a class, but there was no way around it. This is a horrible way to start the day, he thought as he dashed through the hallway toward his locker to pick up the textbooks he needed. He turned down the freshmen hallway, the fastest route to his locker. With no traction on his shoes, he ended up skidding on the tiled flooring and stumbled to the floor.

"Urgh, maybe I should have stayed in bed today," Besnik muttered, wondering how much worse the day could get. He started climbing to his feet when he noticed something on the floor. Walking over to it, he bent down to pick up the notebook. "I wonder who dropped this," he mumbled as he stared down at the notebook. He knew he should take it to the lost and found, but-

I don't have time for that, he thought with a sigh. He was late enough already. I'll just have to hand it in at lunch or something.