View Single Post
Trelweny
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Trelweny Send a message via Yahoo to Trelweny

Old 08-04-2008, 03:23 AM

"Baggel, Dawkins, Evans, Kritcher, Lewis, Smith. Finish stretching and get to the line in 2."

Stretching out, getting ready for a practice run on a dash, Mindy's mind was quite far away from the morning's encounter and she nodded at the couch's 2 minute warning. She was focused, alternately jogging in place and then stretching her legs every way she could while the other girls chatted about her. She heard them, but was not really paying much attention to their gossip. Min simply did not understand how they could talk so much about boys and make-up. Really... they weren't cheerleaders. Laughing inside at that thought Min went down into the splits just for fun -just because she could- just before her friend & teammate Debbie bent down to comment in her ear. It was the fall of Debbie's poofy, dirty-blonde long ponytail touching her arm that first got Mindy's attention before the words registered. "I hate when people watch from the fence like that. It's weird."

huh? Getting up Mindy followed her friend's more stealthy head nod in the direction she was supposed to look with all the secrecy of a stampeding rhinoceros. That is to say Min lifted her head and looked directly over. Well what do you know... someone IS there. I wonder if other students watch our practices often. Her mind wondered over that, silken blonde curls hitting her shoulder as her head tilted to the side. There was something about that boy that seemed familiar. "Oh!"

Realization struck and Min's face broke into a wide smile. "Nothing weird, Debbie. I know him! He found my book this morning." As if that settled the matter Mindy smiled at her friend, missing how the other runner blinked as she waved brightly to their observer still grinning before getting into place for the start off. "Min..." Debbie shook her head in confusion, glancing at the boy by the fence as she found her own place. "You just don't even see how this could be bad, do you?" It was murmured softly though, too softly for Mindy to hear.

The signal to go was given with a loud bang. The handful of girls were off, racing down the length of the track. In a particularly good mood now, Mindy pulled ahead and beat the other girls. Not a record, by any means but winning even in practice was nice. She seemed both surprised and pleased, going around congratulating them all on a good run and taking their congratulations & praise in blushing stride. Giving directions for them to keep moving but otherwise relax for a while the coach gave them a quick break while he went to check on the discus and shot-put throwers while the assistants set up hurtles on some of the lanes on the track. With a friendly wave to her teammates Mindy jogged over to the fence. "Hey! See you dried off!"

Last edited by Trelweny; 08-04-2008 at 03:28 AM..