View Single Post
Lathrine
theatre major from nurse school

Old 09-22-2008, 11:12 PM

((XD :squee:))

D'iala grinned. He was liking these travelers more and more with each passing minute. Why didn't the villagers like demons? It's not like they were evil or anything. In fact, most the time they were far nicer then most humans he knew. "Don't worry. I doubt anything will explode or burst into flames if I'm not picking tomatoes."

By about this time, they were standing in front of the temple door. D'iala grasped one handle, then stepped to the side so that the door swung wide open with a slight creak at the hinges. The priest motioned them inside. For a brief moment, he wondered if he should say 'Ladies first,' but decided against it. ((I'm going to assume that Nami and Raie step inside. If not... feel free to hit me with a fish. XD))

The inside of the temple wasn't much more elaborate then the outside, though it was different then the standard temple or church. The benches were all against the stone walls, standing quietly next to potted trees, plants and flower. Windows were placed both low down and high up on the walls, allowing a great deal of light to enter the room. A simple stone fountain sat in one corner, gurgling happily. In the right wall was a wooden door, carvings of birds, plants and weaving vines detailed the edges. At the far end of the room upon a five foot platform stood a life-size statue. The statue stood with one hand on his hip, the other by his side while great stone wings spread out from his back, casting a shadow on the floor. Long hair disappeared behind a feather headdress and his back. More feathers extended down both arms, disappearing briefly under the straps of a tunic that didn't seem to quite fit. A belt was around his waist, and the cuffs of long pants brushed bare feet.