View Single Post
Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 10-15-2008, 06:44 AM

Sorry I was gone for so long everybody! *sniffle* aww ppl posted while I was gone! I feel very loved indeed. Now reply's in order of appearance:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiziali View Post
Thanks again, Bound Birdie, I appreciate this :)
No problem! I always like to help out where I can! Thanks for stopping by and my thread stay alive in my absence
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblackrose View Post
If you're still wanting to buy a Chilled Beauty and Frozen Warmth I'll sell you one of each for 250g
That sounds wonderful! Go ahead and send the trade and I will update my front page!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Thanks very much. :) :heart: I used to do commission work (as in the dollars type), but my main commissioner transferred jobs and wasn't making as much and couldn't afford to buy from me for quite awhile so I kinda... fell out of the habit. I need to get back into the game again. >_<;
I can see why people would pay for you art >.< it's very worthwhile. I know how you feel about being out of practice, I drew a lot for gaia's forums and then my scanner broke and then a very long time later I finally saved up enough for a tablet. But re-learning how to draw with a brand new medium is a little strange all together

Quote:
I actually use... OpenCanvas. XD I'm using version 3.something, but everything I do in it can be done with the freebie 1.1 version, if I recall correctly. I generally just use the watercolor brush in varying opacity (ie: how much 'water' I add to the color) and absolutely abuse the layers with multiply. XD;
REALLY! Oh it's so nice to meet another OC user... they are so few and far between, every seems to use some kind of photoshop and well .. it wouldn't install ..plus my compy is old and likes tiny programs. I do have to say I use the watercolors the most as well... but I'm starting to experiment with a very Large pencil for more controlled shading. I also tend to use the add mode for my highlights and subtract for my shadow but I'll admit the colors are a little strange to work with....also once I accidentally compressed some layers when they weren't ready T.T so now that box gets quite long

Quote:
You've got a pretty decent start, really. All it takes is practice. :3 What I used to do was find .wpe/.oci files from other artists and watch those in OpenCanvas. That taught me a lot about how to use the program and how to color. I have some older stuff saved, if you wanted me to upload them for you, just let me know. ^^; I may even have some really good ones from other artists. I can't remember if I saved some on this computer or not, though. :B
umm What file names are those? A girl told me once I could see them on a viewer but I didn't find it in the program. I would love to see them! I need all the help I can get >.<
Quote:

Yeah - you can decorate your shop/quest first-page posts - that's perfectly cool. :) But decorating your regular posts with flobs is against the rules. XD
Good deal >.< It will still be a while before I fix it up but I wanted to double check on my limitations ... Would I be aloud to post a banner in the shop post just to keep thing separated and and some ...decor ?
Quote:
Yeah - I love those things. XD Winter Birdies... I believe they're in Menewsha Imports towards the front (I think it's 350 gold, so it should be towards the front of the shop, whichever shop it's in). If not Menewsha Imports, try Wonderland Boutique. :3
As long as there something that the price isn't going to increase I only have one item left out of my limited desires
Quote:
The bad thing about the way this software is coded currently, for polls is that they don't work quite right. >_< I can edit the poll and change it to something else, but those people who've already voted in the poll won't be able to vote again. :B

Hopefully that'll be fixed sometime. :B
Oh is changing a poll a lot not really encouraged? in that case I will try to think of a more permanent poll, Really I just need help deciding weather or not to sell to just two people or to leave the slots first come first serve...can I put that as an off topic discussions or wait there is a market place discussion forum isn't there... I should just post it in there. :sweat:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shosho View Post
yah, i asked because i was confused by the PM you sent me a few days ago XDDD; but thank you anyway 8D i was going to suggest asking a staff member, but i see CK's already going to handle it for you 8D
Sorry I didn't mean to be confusing. Really it's just that if the demand is really high then i feel it's more fair to do the first come first serve for now, but if your always here first and the demand is low it will be just like having a permanent spot! If business is slow then I will reconsider it and pm you and go over it with you. How's that?