View Single Post
Tal Blaiser
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-21-2008, 06:16 PM

EDIT:
I am both traditional and digital artist, but I am impartial towards digital, sure it is much cheaper than traditional, but I would like something that I can touch, smell and occasionally "taste" lolz!

Also in real life commissions, I rarely get any clients when it comes to digital. people would prefer charcoal, pastel or oil portraiture rather than printed digital portraits... maybe they're just like me who would prefer something that is tangible. though online commissions I would get lots from digital.

The "Myth" there are "No undo option with traditional?", there is:
Oil paint - you wait it to dry then add new layer of colors, or scrape it with painting knives. When wet, you rub the wrong area with alcohol or turpentine.
Acrylic - you cover the mistakes or simply scrape it away with your painting knives.
Color/Graphite pencils - you erase with an eraser. it depends on the quality of the paper and eraser. poor quality paper loses its texture fast.
Watercolor - you wash the unwanted pigments away. depends on the quality of your paper.
Pastel/Crayons - scrape it with with painting knives or sand paper.
Pen/Ink - Magic white ink used by engineers and mangaka artist.
Markers - I don't use it, so I only know about the "magic marker" that neutralize the colors lolz!

Presto! the mistake has been undone! though not as convenient as in digital where you just press the "Undo Button", it still works well :) Though most artist are extravagant or too lazy to work with the "undo" cause it can be a lot of work and time consuming, that they would just rip or throw away their artworks. So both Traditional and digital are fairly equal, I just prefer traditional :)

Last edited by Tal Blaiser; 10-21-2008 at 07:10 PM..