View Single Post
Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥
Send a message via AIM to Muggles Running Amok Send a message via MSN to Muggles Running Amok

Old 05-25-2007, 10:59 PM

92. Losing a Barnes and Noble gift card in Barnes and Noble

"Dude, I can't find it..."

"At least you can't spoil me with it now!"

Last July, two friends were in Barnes and Noble. Passerby probably heard their conversation and thought to themselves, 'Stupid kids.'

"But it was my last chance to use it, Janie. I wouldn't have spent it on anything else. Plus, you wanted that CD. So I don't see why it's so horrible for me to buy it for you."

She had nothing really to say to that, but she just didn't want Sven (lmao, sorry.) buying anything for her. She just continued looking all throughout the CD racks and the books they looked at together for that stupid gift card. Why hadn't he used it earlier? If she was in his position, she wouldn't have put off spending free money. But that was just her opinion. Sven was weird like that, but he was her best friend, and she accepted his oddities.

They both stopped searching to ask each other if either had found the gift card. It was still lost. Soon, Janie's mom called her, letting her know it was time to go. She told her mother about the situation, and she immediately let them stay about fifteen minutes more to look for it.

Janie's mom always had this thing for Sven. She had a soft spot for him. He was one of Janie's most polite friends, and he was really sweet. Her fancy for him as a friend to her daughter almost rivaled how much she loved Janie's boyfriend, and he totally had her snowed.

They continued looking, but to no avail. Shortly, they left, Sven laughing at his misfortune, and Janie feeling bad for him. As Janie's mom dropped Sven off at his house, Janie thought about how close he was to leaving. She wondered if someone had found the gift card already and pocketed it. She speculated how much she and her boyfriend would miss him.

Janie forced Sven into a hug, one that she knew he enjoyed anyway because he couldn't hide his smile. She said goodbye to her friend, and she and her mother watched him walk to the door and go inside his almost-gotten-rid-of house.

They drove home.

----
I know, I need to work on my endings. Advice? Done.
Thank you, tentenpuff, for helping me out on this one & many others!