View Single Post
Peprika
The Cannibal
Send a message via AIM to Peprika Send a message via MSN to Peprika Send a message via Yahoo to Peprika

Old 06-04-2007, 04:17 PM

#50 - Ball (the kind you dance at)

The masquerade ball at the Jade palace, was a wonderful sight. Most were in long, puffy dresses, with masks and all different shades of pinions. Some had gems and jewels studded into them. Some masks had paintings from the best artists in the world, and yet none were as pretty as the one Princess Cicily wore upon her face. It was black, as were all the masquerade masks, it had pink pinions on it, with ruby jewels engraved in it and pink painting of roses and a large butterfly were painted on it. Her purple hair was almost touching the ground, but for now it was in a large braid and tied into a bun. Her skin was a caramel color, dark but not too dark, and light but not too light. She inched her way down the stairs, smiling..one of those smiles that could fool everyone, when inside she was really depressed. The empire was falling apart at her feet and her father was not taking her advice on the war, the village...on anything..and her mother, oh what a woman, pretending like everything is ok, when it isn't, but tonight was her night and she would forget about all the troubles the kingdom was going through...or try to anyway. It was her 21st birthday and she had chosen a ball, all her life she had these big extravagant parties with giant chandeliers and glass doves. She wanted to feel mysterious tonight. Cicily glanced around the ball room, everyone was taken, although she could have anyone she wanted to dance with. She walked slowly to a corner of the castle and waited. Finally a tall man in a Tuxedo walked upon her. "M'lady, may I have this dance?" he flashed a smile and she nodded, as Princess, she was not to turn down any dancer, no matter what the circumstances. They waltzed slowly pacing around the floor like there was nobody in the room. "So..what kingdom do you come from?" she asked lazily. "The kingdom of Aldabrah" he nodded as if it were somewhere great. "So you must be Prince Abram that all the princesses are falling all over." He shrugged "I guess that would be me." she nodded yes "I hear your brother is quite the charmer too Prince Dahl?" she smiled at him sarcastically. "Uhm..well..what kingdom are you from?" Abram changed the subject quickly. "I'm from here." Cicily put her head on his other shoulder. "Princess Cecilia at your service." Abram's jaw dropped and the song ended. "Go feast." she pointed towards the crowd now leaving the room and she glided after them.