View Single Post
Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 07-14-2007, 12:26 AM

Like magic, Kuro appeared from the shadows of the tree. "Good evening Miss Moon. I take it your day didn't go to well."

"No you think?" Emma said with a venomous tone. "You're the cause of it."

"She knows you won't accept the apology, but Hikage says she is sorry. Because she was so upset, she wasn't thinking clearly when her father ask her what was wrong. You can't really blame her, police and detectives like yourself tend to make her jumpy and upset. You are not directly to blame of course," said Kuro. He took out a ball and began to play with it.

"Is that your way of saying that you're Kait Yume?" Emma asked.

"Who knows. I'll leave that for you to figure out. I promised a story and nothing more Miss Moon," said Kuro. Emma was surprised. Gone from the thief's face was the mischief and playing, only seriousness and danger lurked within the eyes. "As you may or may not have figured by now, I don't steal for my own personal gain. I always return the gem to you or the rightful owners. There is one last jewel missing from this town which I intend to steal."

"Is it yours?" Emma asked.

"No. It belongs to a girl. You see long ago, there was girl and her mother that use to come to this park. They were a happy family. But people grew envious of this family. They plotted to steal and take away some precious from both the girl and mother. One day they strike. They killed the mother, and took the precious pendent that mother own. They rob the girl of her mother and a family heirloom. The killer got away. That is the person and the gem that seek, Miss Moon. Are you now beginning to understand?"

Emma was silent. No not really, she understood what Kuro was staying but she didn't know the story. It didn't sound familiar. "Wait, Kuro, what does all of this mean?"

Silent was her answer. Kuro had already left.