View Single Post
Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 05-19-2016, 10:53 PM

"No, no... She's up to something." Luke assured Myriam as he watched his sister continue until she was completely out of sight. He turned back, looking down at his tray, the food mostly picked over, a piece of cake remaining as well as a few cookies. His sister never left cookies, if she didn't eat them all during lunch she would put them in her pockets for later. She probably already had some in there, she was never without something sweet, neither was he. It was probably a biological thing, their bodies needed a lot of food, and sugar, to cope with the shape-shifting. He was always starving when he turned back into a human, even after just a few minutes. Not that he changed much, his sister rarely went a day without transforming into something or another, he'd always be tasking with searching out her wayward clothing, since she often forgot where she had transformed.

Sighing, he tried to think of a way to make this less awkward, he'd feel bad just up and leaving like Leila did, and he really had nowhere to be, not for another few hours. "Leila is right though, I want to be a historian just so I can read and study and be alone." It wasn't a surprise to anyone that remotely knew him, he much preferred silence, and to be alone. The entire school knew, it seemed, even the staff. He even had his own special place in the library, a chair way off in the back, on the second floor, surrounded by shelves of old, dusty books. No one ever went back there, no one bothered him, and he spent hours there nearly every day. Occasionally he had forgotten what time it was and was reading until nearly two in the morning. Class the next day had been pretty awful.

"I suppose that's what makes me strange? I like to be alone and read, and actually enjoy the school work. Most thing that is pretty weird." Luke managed a small, embarrassed laugh. Rarely did he have a conversation this long, not even with Sven, who he considered to be his best friend, even if it was only because they have been roommates for three years. "What makes you weird? I mean, aside from..." He focused on her tentacles, gasping when he realized when he did. "I mean, not that... not that you look weird, or they're weird... or that it's bad... it's just..." He stumbled on his words, unable to explain himself but knowing he was entirely stupid. I guess I need Leila here if I don't want to make an ass out of myself...