View Single Post
Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 01-22-2018, 06:44 PM

"He won't come in." The bear spoke calmly in an even tone as his ocean blue optics tracked the new guard. He had a feeling he knew exactly what she intended to do. "It is against his contract. The only human beings that are permitted beyond the front doors from midnight until six AM are the night guard and the company owner." His ears twitched and he remained silent as the guard left the main room to make her call. he made no moves to pursue her. Apparently he considered it impolite to interrupt someone else while they were on the phone, which was unusual. Didn't he despise night guards? Bonnie was still kneeling downward by Foxy's side. While the guard made that phone call and recorded a message he managed to push the irritable pirate up into a sitting position. By the time the call was finished the rabbit had the large panel on Foxy's back open. He couldn't conduct delicate repairs, especially not on Foxy--there simply wasn't enough room within his endoskeleton to move around comfortably--but he was able to hit a few switches. The arm and leg that weren't struck with bullets began to move freely again.

By the time she returned Bonnie had the fox's smaller neck panel open as well. He inspected the damaged voice box while the guard spoke. He folded his arms over his chest, squinting at the smoking mess of metal and wires. "It's toast. We're gonna have to order another one. At least it's not real expensive."

"I'll leave a note for the owner," the bear murmured, sweeping his gaze over the sparking pirate. "But I doubt it will do any good. The mechanic's contract prevents him from laying one finger on Foxy." The company was vehemently against repairing the aging pirate fox. They believed him to be dangerous. Far too dangerous for any of their mechanics to work on without being maimed in some way or another. And they weren't entirely wrong about that. Foxy was a notoriously difficult patient. Many past mechanics acquired lovely scars or had chunks taken out of them thanks to Foxy's knee-jerk tendency to swing around and bite. And, to boot, even simple repairs were difficult ventures. Foxy's endoskeleton was ridiculously small. Maneuvering around within his metal shell was always extremely dangerous. Many mechanics partially or completely lost fingers to that cramped space. Only a mechanic who was willing to bend the rules would even bother with the fox.

"Order it online, then," Bonnie drawled. "We can install that ourselves. It's easy. You've got the guy's credit card information, so just do it. It's not like he's gonna fight you about it, right?" The briefest of smiles alighted on the bear's face.

Predictably Freddy took a deliberate step away from the night guard when she approached him, ears pulling back ever so slightly and an unspoken warning flashing in his ordinarily soothing optics. He did not like to be touched by human hands and would have almost certainly retaliated violently if she deigned to touch him. He spared the cloth a glance but didn't reach out to take it--not from her hands and not from the table either.

Bonnie at first violently shrugged his shoulder in an attempt to deter the chicken. He was on high alert and bristling with unease. Being touched was the last thing he wanted. But his movement was so jerky and violent that it was enough to incense Foxy, who reached up with his working arm and tugged sharply on one of his ears. Bonnie hissed like an enraged alligator, opening his jaws wide, but refused to retaliate. Foxy berated him in that strange glitchy tone. The only audible words were 'bully,' 'lass,' and 'code.' Foxy was never a fan of bullies, though Bonnie was a slight exception simply because he would never stop being a bully, and harming members of the fairer sex was strictly against his code of conduct. Bonnie sulked and grumbled, but eventually allowed the cleaning. His fair violet fur stained easily and without prompt cleaning it would take hours to scrub those bloodstains out of it.

Freddy finally moved. He took a few steps forward and reached down, scooping up three bodies at once. "Stop." He spoke firmly, but without malice. "You're doing more harm than good. Do not touch the bodies."

"Yeah, short stuff." Bonnie, as per usual, was less than polite. "We've been getting rid of bodies for decades. That's kind of our thing, you know? Let Freddy deal with it. If you aren't gonna at least try to fix Foxy then would you mind getting lost?" Foxy growled something unintelligible in Bonnie's direction. The rabbit's ears bounced in response--he must have caught a couple of words in the static. "Of course...it's not that hard to do, but whatever. He just needs to be able to move again. I mean, I already know what has to be done and how to do it. I can see what the issues are. I can give step-by-step instructions. I just can't actually do it. My hands are way too big. All of our hands are."