View Single Post
p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 03-17-2012, 07:14 PM

Her eyes widened at his words. Those things liked to see people hurting? Now she became afraid. What kind of cruel bring wanted to harm someone and took pleasure in their discomfort and pain? When Talon picked her up and began to carry her away from the creature, she continued studying her hand. She was truly lucky to find a human friend like Talon who was so kind and caring and not evil like those things.

As she was placed at the door she nodded in compliance. As Talon unsheathed his sword Azaela stopped. It was so shiny and pretty. What was he going to do with that thing? As the creature lunged Azaela took a step back, but luckily Talon didn't allow the beast forward. She watched as he chopped the thing apart, suddenly slightly afraid of him too. Rightfully so? She was unsure. As he turned and picked her up, her heart began to race. What had she gotten herself into?

Inside the room her eyes immediately found the table covered in human things. Her heart now felt happier, as it always did upon seeing new human treasures. Her shell pendant seemed to hum as it sat so near those magical devices. She'd seen things like those before, on one of the sunken ships in Davy Jones' locker. Were these the missing pieces? She wanted to reach out and pick up some of the things, but Talon soon moved before her to wrap her hand with more or the black cloth. Soon though, within minutes, the minor wound would be healed via the magic held in her tiny shell necklace.

"Get off of your ship?" she asked, "But the waters are unsafe," he'd said so himself. That's why she'd boarded Thecaptain's ship in the first place. She jumped at the sound of the shattering glass and nodded. In reality, Azaela had enough power to end the creatures in mere moments, but she didn't know how to use it. Her father refused to teach her the ways of the magic in her shell necklace for fear she would get into trouble with all of that power. Being that she was the only one who could harness the magic in the shell, it seemed glum for the pair now. But maybe...

"If I lend you my power, can you make them stop?" she asked, not realizing he would probably be confused by the question. "I can control water. I can make it freeze or boil, I can heal quickly if something should happen to me and I can control the wind and lightning." Well, she had the potential too anyway. As far as her personal abilities went, she could heal quickly and transform between human and mermaid, the other things she could only manage when she was greatly upset. She would have tried explaining it to him in greater detail, but the truth was, she didn't know how.

She reached out and placed a hand on his chest and closed her eyes. The necklace as well as her hand began to glow a soft blue glow. She was transferring her power to Talon, although he would only be able to use it for a short time. Fortunately, with Talon's background, he would more than likely be much better with the power than a regular person who would probably have as much luck with it as herself. As the powers left her to course through his body he was given all of the abilities she ever had the potential of learning.

When it was finished, the glow ceased and Azaela lost consciousness as she began to fall from the chair. She would be fine. As the powers left Talon they would find their way back to Azaela and she would awaken to her normal self.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 03-17-2012 at 07:32 PM..