View Single Post
Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-14-2009, 02:56 AM

Even though the key was a tight fit, it barely turned. Sighing, Dawn gently caressed the man's cheek as she placed a light kiss upon his forehead, "Love cannot be won. Nor can you hope for someone to return their love, when all they wish for is treasure. I am sorry, but whomever has tricked you has tricked us all. I am sorry you have been searching for so long, but I can't possibly be the one you are looking for. I would never have sent someone on a chase such as this in order to win my heart. To win my heart, one would need to be sincere, kind, and love me for me, not wish me to change. I am sorry you went through all of this trouble, and got your hopes up, but I am not the one you are searching for, I just can't be," Dawn whispered as a tear fell from her eyes.

Sadness consumed her as she pulled the man into a hug. She did not know him, but she felt his sorrow and pain. "You seem like a good man, and I am sorry one such as she has used you so terribly. You deserve better, and I hope you find her one day." She added as another tear fell from her cheek and she smiled at the man before her.

Back in the real world, two identical tear drops fell from Dawn's eyes, slowly rolling down her cheek.